What's new

new Control Center

audb

Reaction score
I have the iPhone 5S and ios 7.1.2. I do not keep any music on my phone, none at all. Yet, when I open the Control Center, there's a song and music controls where the old volume control used to be. When I go into the Music App, there are 7 songs that I did not put on the phone. AAMOF, I don't even have some of those songs in iTunes (a couple of them I have in iTunes). Where did this music come from? I cannot find any way to delete these songs from my phone.

When I go into the Control Center out of habit to change the iPhone's volume, it starts playing the song that's there. I don't want this music thing on my phone, I want the volume slider thing back. What can I do? How do I get rid of those 7 songs?

Oh, and in Settings/Music, I have "Show All Music" turned off.

TIA,
Audrey

I have the iPhone 5S and ios 7.1.2. I do not keep any music on my phone, none at all. Yet, when I open the Control Center, there's a song and music controls where the old volume control used to be. When I go into the Music App, there are 7 songs that I did not put on the phone. AAMOF, I don't even have some of those songs in iTunes (a couple of them I have in iTunes). Where did this music come from? I cannot find any way to delete these songs from my phone. When I go into the Control Center out of habit to change the iPhone's volume, it starts playing the song that's there. I don't want this music thing on my phone, I want the volume slider thing back. What can I do? How do I get rid of those 7 songs? Oh, and in Settings/Music, I have "Show All Music" turned off. TIA, Audrey
Did you buy the phone new? Or did you buy it used? Has anyone but you had access to the phone? You say you can't delete the songs. Where are you deleting them from? Be specific. Don't just say Music App. Also, you might try doing a hard reset. That helps many issues. Hold the top power button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. Keep us informed!

How to delete songs in the iTunes music app:
Swipe the song to the left. You should see the red option to delete. Tap delete. See pic.

$image-772314409.jpg

You can also go to Settings - General - Usage and then tap on Music in the Apps list. On the next screen tap on Edit in the upper right corner, then tap on the red minus sign next to "All Music".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You can also go to Settings - General - Usage and then tap on Music in the Apps list. On the next screen tap on Edit in the upper right corner, then tap on the red minus sign next to "All Music".

Oh, thank you, rasmith1959, that worked! I got rid of all of the songs that I never put on there.

Ledsteplin: I purchased the phone brand new in May, no one has ever had access to it but me. >>You say you can't delete the songs. Where are you deleting them from? Be specific. Don't just say Music App.<< To repeat: I could not delete them, so I can't say where I was "deleting them from". I tried a hard reset on several occasions and that did not work.

Thank you again, rasmith1959, for your advice and help. I appreciate it!

Audrey

Oh, thank you, rasmith1959, that worked! I got rid of all of the songs that I never put on there.

Ledsteplin: I purchased the phone brand new in May, no one has ever had access to it but me. >>You say you can't delete the songs. Where are you deleting them from? Be specific. Don't just say Music App.<< To repeat: I could not delete them, so I can't say where I was "deleting them from". I tried a hard reset on several occasions and that did not work.

Thank you again, rasmith1959, for your advice and help. I appreciate it!

Audrey

You're welcome. It's a trick I learned when I wanted to erase my music library and start over.