What's new

6.x A5 p0sixspwn JB Update - How can I do this?

ChezDigital

Reaction score
I'll start by saying I had no problem with the initial jailbreak released on Friday. As I installed my initial gamut of apps and tweaks to make my phone a twin brother of what my phone looked like last May.

I noticed a hard battery drain, and then something choking my data pipeline. Even my Sprint buddy said it looked bad. (ouch) I began installing app-by-app, tweak-by-tweak until I had nothing custom left. My battery drain subsided, but something just still isn't right. (removing f.lux seemed to help, but I'm not certain)

I can't run the 1.0.5 p0sixspwn JB update over this one because the utility states I'm already JB'd and disables the jailbreak button.

Can I "un-jailbreak" by resetting my phone? Would that take me back to stock 6.1.3 so I re-run the JB update? Or is there no way to do this because I can't save blobs on A5?

(I don't want to upgrade to iOS 7 for a month or two until I see my favorite tweaks available.)

Last edited:
Any changes made in the p0sixspwn tool are also made in the p0sixspwn package, so updating your p0sixspwn package through Cydia will give you these updates. F.lux should not be the cause of your battery drain.

By resetting your device in Settings, you'll guarantee yourself a trip to iOS 7.0.4. If you want to start from a fresh JB again, use ILEX RAT to wipe everything except the base jailbreak and try again, but it shouldn't yield any different results.

The p0sisxspwn update isn't available in cydia.

Thanks for the info...I didn't think it would be f.lux either.

If there was an update to the utility but no update to the package, then it only addresses the delivery of the jailbreak and not the untethered package.

As always, thank you for clarifying details such as these! This forum would be crickets without your contributions.

I always advise people to take baby steps -- a few tweaks per day at the most to ensure that you don't have a drain on battery or data. Since I was cool like Fonzie on 6.1.2, I assumed I would be here and ran quickly to get where I was with the apps and tweaks I had. Baby steps!