What's new

How can I restore my iPhone4 to 5.0.x with out blobs...

schollianmj

Reaction score
so i recently acquired a new to me iPhone 4 that the previous owner had already updated to 5.1. I have no blobs, nor do I really know what they are or where to find them. everything I have read so far leads me to believe they should have been saved when doing the update, but since I didnt do it... So what are my options here? I want to jailbreak this thing, but I am hesitant to do a tethered JB.

Anyone? thanks...

You cant jailbreak YET pod2g is releasing untether JB after the. Votes are counted (ends in about 3-4 days) but the jailbreak is only for A4 devices so your iPhone 4 will. But you will not be able to restore to previous version I can explain how to save blobs it uses different programs every for every iOS version you have to wait after you jailbreak for a new program to come out saving blobs is easy google it videos all over YouTube hope this helped if you need more info send me a PM (private message)

The answers to life the universe and blobs can be found at ..

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i.../shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions-19986/

Well maybe not life and the universe, but blobs are covered.. lol

Yea, i totally missed that last night. But in my defense I was undergoing information overload as i try to learn everything possible about this new to me toy. I have been on android since the origional Droid was released...

So it seems to me that at this point a Tethered jailbreak is all that i s availible to me... Not sure I like that option though, what if I have to reboot it or forget that it is tethered only and reboot it... I dont want to get stuck with no phone...

Yea, i totally missed that last night. But in my defense I was undergoing information overload as i try to learn everything possible about this new to me toy. I have been on android since the origional Droid was released...

So it seems to me that at this point a Tethered jailbreak is all that i s availible to me... Not sure I like that option though, what if I have to reboot it or forget that it is tethered only and reboot it... I dont want to get stuck with no phone...

You can install the SemiTether package from BigBoss which will allow you to at least use the basic functions of the phone if you have to reboot while you are away from the computer.