What's new

5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak for A4 devices - RELEASED

Im glad i did the redsnow jailbreak. Its freaking awesome..... Now i dont have an issue to download files and music with itunes. :iphone4horiz:

Hi, I bought Iphone 4
but, I have a problem with unlocking...

Firmware: 5.0.1
BaseBand: 04.11.08

and I know thet is from France, but I don't know the carrier...
Is it any chance to unlock?
And how could I know the carrier whit some program?
Thanks in advance. Greetings from Belgrade (Serbia)

Last edited:
Hi, I bought Iphone 4
but, I have a problem with unlocking...

Firmware: 5.0.1
BaseBand: 04.11.08

and I know thet is from France, but I don't know the carrier...
Is it any chance to unlock?
And how could I know the carrier whit some program?
Thanks in advance. Greetings from Belgrade (Serbia)

Sorry, you cannot unlock that baseband and there is no way to downgrade it. You will just need to be patient and wait for an unlock. Nobody knows when one will be released.

trust me though redsn0w is just as easy as greenpoison
I'm curious as to why there seems to be a favoring of redsn0w over greenpois0n on the forums here. Like Spygirl I've always found greenpois0n to require less steps from me therefore easier. Maybe redsn0w is streamlined now since the early days of iOS4. But redsn0w was a little clunky back then in comparison. Just wondering. ..Thx..

I'm curious as to why there seems to be a favoring of redsn0w over greenpois0n on the forums here. Like Spygirl I've always found greenpois0n to require less steps from me therefore easier. Maybe redsn0w is streamlined now since the early days of iOS4. But redsn0w was a little clunky back then in comparison. Just wondering. ..Thx..

Greenpois0n only supports through firmware 4.2.1. It's not that people are favoring redsn0w over greenpois0n, it's that redsn0w is the ONLY 5.0.1 jailbreak.

The developers of greenpoison added a tweak to cydia to un tether the already tethered jailbreak for 5.0.1

The developers of greenpoison added a tweak to cydia to un tether the already tethered jailbreak for 5.0.1
Oh. I knew I wasn't imagining that post earlier in this thread that said Greenpoison "was" involved with things 5.0.1 JB related. So they don't deliver a "fresh" JB of 5.0.1 but they "are" involved with 5.0.1 via the way you described there..... Thx!

@pod2g is the one who made the jailbreak and he is part of the Chronic-Dev team(makers of greenpois0n) so that's probably where you got confused. Since pod2g wanted to focus solely on the A5 jailbreak, he handed the exploit off to MuscleNerd and the iPhone-Dev team so they could release the jailbreak using the limera1n bootrom exploit to deliver the payload. I'm sure that once pod2g finishes up the A5 jailbreak they will release a new version of greenpois0n to accomodate the A4/A5 untethered jailbreak.

Hope that clears things up!

finally got home! And how come this hasn't been added to "Methods of Jailbreak" sticky? Or has it and I'm just blind? lol

finally got home! And how come this hasn't been added to "Methods of Jailbreak" sticky? Or has it and I'm just blind? lol

Well, excuse me for being on holiday! ;)

I have updated it now... :D