What's new

4S Definitely has Better Reception than 4---For Me

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
In my office on the 11th floor interior of a downtown Fort Worth office building, my 4S, in my pocket, with Cell Data (3G) turned off, has 4 bars consistently. I'm using an iFrogz "Luxe Lean" case with both phones. If I turn on 3G I get 3-4 bars (no matter where I place my hands....:cool:. This was an overnight change for the better with the 4S. My 4 could barely hold 1 bar in either mode. I'm so used to NOT getting calls that I keep sound on, and I've been startled several times by incoming calls. Despite this improvement, I still keep cell data turned off because for me, 3G still eats battery more quickly in standby and I really don't need the data constantly since everything (mail, other apps) updates quickly when I turn 3G on....

This is due to Apple has completely redesign the antenna for the 4s, you should always see a big difference in the signal where ever you go that you didn't have it originally.

totally agree on this. i stopped using my old iphone4 for business calls due to too many dropped calls. but this new 4s is 100 times better:)

Did u have AT&T? Because I have Verizon and an iPhone 4 and my signal strength has been awesome. Never a dropped call. From what I hear, AT&T is infamous for dropping calls.

Did u have AT&T? Because I have Verizon and an iPhone 4 and my signal strength has been awesome. Never a dropped call. From what I hear, AT&T is infamous for dropping calls.
yea i had att and your right i did have alot of dropped calls. but the funny thing is my phone before iphone4 never had a dropped call.

iPhone 4S is faster, but it doesn't do anything substantially different other than offering Siri. You've upgrade and your though is the truth.

not true. Iphone 4s has dual antenna setup. My 4s gets at least 1 to 2 more bars than my wifes 4 in same exact locations.

PHONEGUY said:
yea i had att and your right i did have alot of dropped calls. but the funny thing is my phone before iphone4 never had a dropped call.

That's odd.

NewdestinyX said:
"Dropped calls" is an AT&T problem not an iPhone problem. I can concur that my bars of strength are WAY better on the 4S than my 4. The new dual Antenna is a huge upgrade. But dropped calls still happen on the 4S - I assure u. It's not a function of signal strength. It has to do with traveling thru different cell zones and tower switching.

Plus one. 😝 but it can also be a coverage problem not just a striped globe issue.

"Dropped calls" is an AT&T problem not an iPhone problem. I can concur that my bars of strength are WAY better on the 4S than my 4. The new dual Antenna is a huge upgrade. But dropped calls still happen on the 4S - I assure u. It's not a function of signal strength. It has to do with traveling thru different cell zones and tower switching.

Signal strength does have alot to do with dropped calls. When the signal is weak, dropped calls are more prevelant. Most, if not all my dropped calls happen in my house, where signal is weak. And so far I have much fewer dropped calls with the 4s than I did with the 4.

I'm in a great coverage area so the dropped calls issue has not affected me and I have the iPhone 4.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Yes. Hence my point. Att just freakin drops calls. They suck. I have verizon and almost never have a dropped call. Can't ever remember having one.

NewdestinyX said:
In two years of Verizon years back -- never one. Ask a Verizon client about dropped called and they don't even know what you're talking about. It's a tower overload issue with ATT . It's like 'rolling blackouts' in California in the summertime. I think they just kick us off sometimes. Even with 5 bars of power. But enough AT&T bashing now.. LOL!!!

Lol. Yes I suppose. Let's just be glad we have Verizon though. 😄😏👍

In two years of Verizon years back -- never one. Ask a Verizon client about dropped called and they don't even know what you're talking about. It's a tower overload issue with ATT . It's like 'rolling blackouts' in California in the summertime. I think they just kick us off sometimes. Even with 5 bars of power. But enough AT&T bashing now.. LOL!!!

Drop what? you say calls? That even still happen on cell phone these days? Oh sorry, I'm another Verizon guy... lol

Funny, I have a Verizon Iphone 4. I have no dropped calls, not even as so much as static on my calls. I do get dropped 3G every once in a while, but I work on a Airfield. Lucky me though, I bought the Iphone 4 and renewed my contract with the upgraded discount. A little over a month and the 4S comes out...ouch!

I am agree that 4s has best reception then ever, I worked in remote area and I used to have Samsung galaxy s,but on that phone I hardly have 1bar n not even edge, now same place on 4s ,I am getting 3 bars and 3G ..,,,,,I love this phone