What's new

4.2.7 Jail Breaking Room

where does the custom fw reside on the computer? I am looking in the snowbreeze folder and dont see it.

Last edited:
where does the custom fw reside on the computer? I am looking in the snowbreeze folder and dont see it.

Mine ended up on my desktop.

I had a heck of a time installing my Snowbreezed firmware on my VZW iPhone because I was experiencing an ID-10-T error. I had created the firmware and exited Snowbreeze, intending to load it via iTunes later on. When I got around to installing it, I completely forgot to use iREB to put it in pwned DFU mode, and kept getting 1600 errors in iTunes. Went thru this 5 times before I remembered what i'd forgotten to do.

You should first allow hidden file to be showed, you can clic organize >folder and search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show hidden files, folders and drives" when that's done go to
C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. In that folder you will find your the ipsw which was downloaded by itunes and used by itunes to upgrade your iOS. you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran everything to a T and received a 1600 error code in iTunes when trying to apply the restore.
Anyone have an answer? I also received the same error when I initially upgraded my IP4 software when the 4.2.7 came out and ultimately had to finish the update on my son's PC.
I created the new IPSW using the sn0breeze method for jb 4.2.7, I also placed it into the pwnd DFU mode per the instructions.

Lol I hope the jailbreak for the iphone4 4.2.7 come out fast lol but its ok i'll wait :)

you just need to try again. failed for me the first time.

cdmta said:
you just need to try again. failed for me the first time.

I figured so. Plus I think you have to select iTunes to not turn on when the iPhone is connected. It did the first time and I think it borked it up. I'll try later today.

OK, still having trouble getting the JB to work.
I get the phone into iREB, open iTunes, go to restore holding the shift key, select my file, then the phone goes to a white screen and I get an error code 1601.
Anyone have a suggestion?
I've done this six times already.

I get the phone into iREB, open iTunes, go to restore holding the shift key, select my file, then the phone goes to a white screen and I get an error code 1601.

Completely uninstall itunes and apple mobile device support from your computer, restart your computer and then reinstall the latest version of itunes again.

Completely uninstall itunes and apple mobile device support from your computer, restart your computer and then reinstall the latest version of itunes again.

I went one step further and did a restore from another PC in the house using the sn0wbreeze file I created.
Will this jb the phone or do I need to run iREB and update that file?

I went one step further and did a restore from another PC in the house using the sn0wbreeze file I created.
Will this jb the phone or do I need to run iREB and update that file?

Ok try jailbreaking it on another computer. It should work.

That was it!
I had to jb on a different PC.
My PC would not recognize my phone in DFU mode.
The phone would flash to a white screen and then I would get the iTunes error.

First time jailbreaker here. Was pretty simple. Now to browse the new store :). Thanks for all the help