What's new

4.2.7 Jail Breaking Room

Whoa, I thought you couldn't downgrade to 4.2.6 without the "blobs"? If this is incorrect, can you post the steps to g back to 4.2.6?
Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
He sure saved shsh blobs before he could be able to downgrade using tinyU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mruiz949 said:
When you see the 1013 error use green poison and jb it. Then ur good 2 go!

The 1013 error = recovery mode, not DFU mode, so should I unplug the iPhone, power off, then go to DFU?

It's not even worth waiting on a jb for 4.2.7. Just use tiny umbrella and go back to 4.2.6!

Some of us are new to the iPhone and do not have our blob saved. So we have to rely on a new jb for 4.2.7

Okay so go thru the process of reverting back using saved shsh blobs, get 1013 error, launch greenpoison and done?

That actually worked! I think I did this last week when Cydia was down and launcher kept closing. Thanks everyone for your assistance!!

One final question. Now that apple doesn't sign 4.2.6, should I leave my old blobs alone or am I safe saving them again?

mruiz949 said:
When you see the 1013 error use green poison and jb it. Then ur good 2 go!

The 1013 error = recovery mode, not DFU mode, so should I unplug the iPhone, power off, then go to DFU?

Don't unplug or go to dfu. Just jb as is.

THIS IS AWESOME.. I have been messing around with tiny umbrella for two days trying to get it to work with no luck.

Took me all of 5 mins to get my 4.2.6 back from 4.2.7 using this short but power tidbit of information.

THIS IS AWESOME.. I have been messing around with tiny umbrella for two days trying to get it to work with no luck.

Took me all of 5 mins to get my 4.2.6 back from 4.2.7 using this short but power tidbit of information.

Can you elaborate on how you did this? I didn't save my blobs with tiny umbrella and then I updated. Is there any hope for me right now or just wait it out? Thanks for the info.

Can you elaborate on how you did this? I didn't save my blobs with tiny umbrella and then I updated. Is there any hope for me right now or just wait it out? Thanks for the info.

I gave it a try and just use tiny as instructed don't worry about what shsh files it displays because you are not going to need them anyway. If like a number of us if you get the 1013 error you are set. Just leave the phone as is and greenpois0n it back to 4.2.6.

Make sure you have downloaded the 4.2.6 so you can point to it when tiny request that you select the firmware you want to restore.

NOTE: I did it twice with same result: Downgrade to 4.2.6, yes I actually upgraded the phone to 4.2.7 each time first and deleted the local folder files where I was saving the shsh files.

Keep us posted on your experience.

Strykker said:
I gave it a try and just use tiny as instructed don't worry about what shsh files it displays because you are not going to need them anyway. If like a number of us if you get the 1013 error you are set. Just leave the phone as is and greenpois0n it back to 4.2.6.

Make sure you have downloaded the 4.2.6 so you can point to it when tiny request that you select the firmware you want to restore.

NOTE: I did it twice with same result: Downgrade to 4.2.6, yes I actually upgraded the phone to 4.2.7 each time first and deleted the local folder files where I was saving the shsh files.

Keep us posted on your experience.

Greenpoison did not launch when my iPhone was in recovery. I still had to place it in DFU mode.

Correct you have to follow all Tiny instructions. It is golden when you do.