What's new

3GS Touch gets disabled about 5 seconds after Unlocking

TinyTechnician

Reaction score
Hello-

I've had this issue pop up every now and then and I still can't figure out what causes it.

After sliding to unlock my phone the "touch" part of the screen will be disabled (basically won't work). It seems as though the phone has locked-up but it hasn't since I can hit the home button and seeing the Apps running in the background.

To fix the problem I usually just hit the screen button to turn the screen off and then slide to unlock it again (which this seems to restore the "touch" mechanics).

Has anyone else experienced this? It's not an issue with the screen's touch being dead or broken since the screen touch works fine after I apply my little work around.

The last poster says that touching the upper left part of the screen with your thumb also fixes it, but I don't really understand that LOL

--------------------------------------------
iPhone4 themes

I Googled it, and it looks like it might be a random issue that affects the 3GS, with no rhyme or reason as to why it happens. There's a thread about it on Apple's forums.

Apple - Support - Discussions - iPhone 3GS touchscreen unresponsive at ...

The last poster says that touching the upper left part of the screen with your thumb also fixes it, but I don't really understand that LOL

The person in that thread is explaining it exactly as it happens to me. Though I haven't noticed it happening 40 mins after using the phone. Usually it's like 10 seconds in (if it happens at all). But yeah, just as the person describes...there's no warning so it can be pretty frustrating. Especially when you start typing something and then all of a sudden you're stuck.

I will try definitely try touching the upper left part of the screen next time this happens. If that fixes it, it is a better solution than turning the screen off and on again.

Thanks!