What's new

3gs Battery Replacement

simon7374

Reaction score
Hi there

my 3GS battery was of no use so I decided to purchase a new one. I got the exact same battery APN 616-0435 and followed the usual youtube video to replace!!

Everything went fine and I plugged the new battery in to charge. Surpisingly the charge came on with 58% instead of the lightning charging sign. I left the phone overnight looking forward to using the phone. However these are the problems:

On pressing the home button the all I get is the Apple logo. After a while this disappears and a grey screen with IOS 6 appears. I slide the screen and it says Update Completed. I press continue and it says Connect to Itunes.
I plug the phone into my PC and after a while it comes up with Device Driver Installation failed. It then makes the beeping noise to as if I have unplugged the USB although it is still plugged in. The screen then goes back to the Apple logo and no buttons work.

I then unplug the usb and plug it back into the charger. After a while the IOS screen comes on again.

Also when I plug the charger in sometimes the phone makes the charging noise but most of the time it does nothing and is not charging the phone. When it does make the noise if I am on the IOS screen the battery charger sign goes on for half a second and then goes off again.

Basically is the phone knackered?? I have put the original battery back in hoping that everything would return to normal and at first it all seemed ok with the red lightning charging sign coming on. But then it went to the Apple screen and the I've got the same problems as before.

Is anyone out there that can help me or is it worth giving up on?

I hate not being able to fix things and this is frustrating the life out of me.

Look forward to any responses or help!!

Cheers

Simon

I've been repairing iPhones locally since about December of last year and I haven't had an issue like this once. It sounds very odd. It almost sounds like the battery or another connection isn't solid. I would open it back up and check all the connections.

I've been repairing iPhones locally since about December of last year and I haven't had an issue like this once. It sounds very odd. It almost sounds like the battery or another connection isn't solid. I would open it back up and check all the connections.

Cheers I'll give it a go. Since posting I'm now able to connect to iTunes and started a full restore. After a while it come up with a failure and error code 1611. Any ideas?

Many thanks

1611 is because it's in a limbo state of Recovery Mode. Put the device into DFU mode before restoring.