What's new

3194 error when recover

priesthgink

Reaction score
I've just have jailbreaking, but it always turn to "a sub process bin return an error"

So I finally find this website and try to fix it.How to Increase the Size of a Root Partition for an iPhone | eHow.com But after I deleting the system folder which is the step 6, my iphone runs slow and finally the system crashes. And then it keep the recover mode whatever I do. So I try to recover the system by Itunes, but it will turn to 3194 error. Please help.

By default, after jailbreaking your device sets the host to Cydia, so open up TinyUmbrella, connect your device, go to advanced, and untick "Set Host to Cydia"

If it still doesn't work, remove any Apple related IPs from your host files.

Source for future reference:HOW TO - Resolve iTunes Unknown Error 3194

The point is I haven't used TinyUmbrella the save shsh before and I have deleted the line of apple IP address. It still turn the error 3194. I'm wondering if the original SHSH blobs os is stored in systerm folder which I have deleted and made a coppy in var folder. So apple can't find the shsh blobs to verify my device? Is there any tool I can manage files in IPhone on PC? So maybe I can put the sytem folder to the original space. Thank you.

It doesn't matter whether or not you've saved your blobs or not with TinyUmbrella. When you jailbreak, the host is automatically set to Cydia's host (which is why you always need to untick it when restoring or re-restoring). The blobs are stored in Cydia regardless of whether you wanted them to or not. Open up Cydia, and on the top or bottom (depending on idevice), you'll see a list of iOS. Those iOS are the blobs that are saved on Cydia, which you can retrieve at any time, but keeping a backup physically for yourself is recommended.

You can use iExplorer to root your device. It's definitely worth the 35$ if you're running multiple devices and rooting a lot to manage your data. They do have a free or trial version on their main site, but definitely consider buying it rather than trying to find other ways around it if you know what I mean.

After I delete the system folder in IPhone, I can only enter into the recover mode instead of user interface. And when I try to do something with TinyUmbrella, it shows the following.

$7.jpg

It seems iExplorer can only run in IPhone. I want to find some tools which run on PC can read system file in IPhone as my Itunes read nothing but remind me of to recover the system of Iphone. And finally get an error of 3194.

iExplorer runs on any idevice. It uses iTunes as a base but they have their own GUI and functionality. If you can, force the device into DFU mode either manually, or using an IPSW on RedSn0w. Is your iPhone stuck on the recovery screen? The one with iTunes and the cable asking you to connect.

Yes. Each time my ipphone is switched on, it only asks to be connected to Itunes.

If that's the case, plug it into your computer and put it into DFU mode. TU should be able to recognize it. If it still does not, you'll probably have to manually input the ECID to connect to your iPhone. I'll give you instructions on how to do so if that's the case. From the screenshot, I assume you're running a copy of Windows OS?

Last edited:
Thank you for you help. I've just upgraded to ios6 as it seems that only the ios6 can be selected to recover. I try to recover the ios5.1.1 before and failed. Although I need bear the map of ios6, fortunately I can now switch on. Thank you so much.

Manually connect TinyUmbrella to your iPhone, then try to retrieve the SHSH blobs. If you were jailbroken on whatever iOS you were on and would like to go back to that iOS, Cydia will have your SHSH blobs saved on their servers, so if you have the ECID entered, you can get the physical .shsh file from Cydia even though your device is not connected. That's assuming you want to downgrade and your device is downgradeable.