What's new

1600 Error Fix While Restoring Iphone 4

SKADANNY117

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm having trouble with restoring my iphone 4 from 4.2.1 to 5.0.1 while preserving my baseband on 3.10.01. I finally passed the Error 3194 but can't seem to pass Error 1600. I read many tutorials and it says to put your device into Pwned DFU mode which I already had. I'm using redsn0w and windows. Also, in tinyumbrella I've already unchecked "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit". I've already put "74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com" into the hosts file, but had to remove "#" in the front so I won't get the 3194 error. Please help :(

Use Sn0wbreeze. Redsn0w custom IPSW process is buggy. Sn0wbreeze works perfectly. As always, make sure to enter PWNED DFU before restoring to any custom IPSW. Sn0wbreeze has iREB (DFU PWNer) built into it.

Be sure to choose "iFaith" mode to use your SHSH from Tiny Umbrella, or it will never work. iOS 5.0.1 is not being signed any more therfore you must stitch the 5.0.1 blobs into your custom IPSW.

Make sure to download Tiny Umbrella, Open it, plug in iPhone and click "Save SHSH".

The click on the "Advanced" tab.

In the Advanced tab you will see a whit box. It is tha path to your SHSH blobs.

Now Open Sn0wbreeze, click "Okay" then click the big blue arrow button on the bottom right.

Click browse and locate the iPhone 4 5.0.1 IPSW. (must be the right IPSW for your device model. which would be iPhone 4 GSM)

After IPSW is selected make sure to click "iFaith Mode", then click OK.

A window should pop up with a list of your SHSH download from Tiny Umbrell awhen you clicked the "Save SHSH" button. However, if it is not there, then navigate in that window through the path that the "advanced" tab in TU showed you.

Click "Build IPSW" then click the blue arrow button in the bottom right corner.

This will work, provided you entered PWNED DFU mode before shif+restoring to the Sn0wbreeze IPSW.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping me restore my iphone, but now it's stuck on the jailbreaking part. I'm using redsn0w to jailbreak it to 5.0.1, and it says "Error. No successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up..." on my iphone's screen and stops updating. -_-

EDIT: Nevermind. I just had to redo it again.

Last edited:
SKADANNY117 said:
Thanks for helping me restore my iphone, but now it's stuck on the jailbreaking part. I'm using redsn0w to jailbreak it to 5.0.1, and it says "no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up..." on my iphone's screen and stops updating.

Wait...you restored to a Sn0wbreezw IPSW and now you are trying to jailbreak with redsn0w?

Sn0wbreeze makes the IPSW jailbroke. Already. Cydia is already installed.

The only way Sn0wbreeze IPSW's are not jailbroken is if you chose "Baseband Preservation Mode". If you didn't choose that mode in Sn0wbreeze, then your iPhone is already jailbroken.

I Wouk restore to the Sn0wbreeze IPSW again. This time...don't run redsn0w. Cydia will be installed right after restore.

Didn't you notice the "Adding Cydia" while the IPSW was being built?

No because my iphone didnt activate. I was also busy playing pac man :/ I'll restore again.

Last edited:
SKADANNY117 said:
No because my iphone didnt activate. I was also busy playing pac man :/ I'll restore again.

Yeah, you can choose to hactivate in Sn0wbreeze too. Think ya have to build another IPSW to choose that option tho. Lol. Pac Man.

Okay I successfully restored like you asked. Oh wait, now I have to restore again to another IPSW.

I looked through sn0wbreeze, and I don't see any options about hacktivating.

SKADANNY117 said:
Okay I successfully restored like you asked. Now I can't pass the activation step.

I'm sorry man. This is pretty much my fault. Sorry:(

Rebuild a new IPSW.

After you select your IPSW, and choose iFaith Mode, and select you blobs, instead of clicking Build IPSW, click the "General" tab, then click next.

Now put a check mark in the "Activate iPhone (Hactivate)" box.

Now click Next

Now click "Build IPSW"

Okay, NOW restore to THAT IPSW. that should activate your phone. My bad dude. I'm not an unlocker so I didn't even think that. :smack:

Sorry for your delay of iPhone use

kitkat123 said:
youre supposed to REMOVE the gs.apple refernces.

Sent from my iPhone using Doopris

Huh? That is for when you modify the host file. That has nothing to do with what is going on here.

SKADANNY117 said:
I looked through sn0wbreeze, and I don't see any options about hacktivating.

Because you have to rebuild a new IPSW. click the General tab after choosing you IPSW and SHSH blobs. Then tick the box that says Activate iPhone (Hactivate)

And check one of my post after that. I had already told him to remove it. that is not an issue now. He got his iPhone to restore. I just forgot to tell him to enable Hactivation when building the IPSW with Sn0wbreeze.

Thank you so much for helping me. I guess I'm done here.

kitkat123 said:
um ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Doopris

Oh your right I didn't. My bad. Wrong thread:/

Sorries.

........... There's issues with sn0wbreeze's custom IPSW. The loading screen takes way too long, and I think it is frozen. Only turns on if I plug it in my computer.

Last edited: