What's new

1015 error

Whilst DFU mode should work fine, why not try pwnd DFU mode, which can sometimes solve a 1015?

Either use redsn0w (easiest), iReb, or pwnage tool to put your device into pwnd DFU mode and give it a try again.

Also worth trying our own links for the firmware. That will ensure you have the right file - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...ple-ios-firmware-download-links-iphone-17213/

Do you guys have reputable links for redsnow, iReb, and a pwnage tool? I tried d/l iReb from a site 2 days ago and I got a virus. As far as the firmware file, I did d/l it from here.

OK guys, I'm happy to say it's a success! Last night iReb worked like a champ and got rid of the 1015 error and downgrade was acheived at 4.1. I jailbroke using limera1n and it went very smoothly. My thanks to f4780y for the iReb tip, and many thanks to Jmills87 for all his help and being patient. :)

mike1 said:
OK guys, I'm happy to say it's a success! Last night iReb worked like a champ and got rid of the 1015 error and downgrade was acheived at 4.1. I jailbroke using limera1n and it went very smoothly. My thanks to f4780y for the iReb tip, and many thanks to Jmills87 for all his help and being patient. :)

Glad you got it! pwndDFU to the rescue again! :)

any help out there? I have a previously jailbroken 3GS iOS 4.2.1, baseband 6.15. It was stuck in dead battery mode. Now I think it's stuck in DFU mode.
I'ved tried iREB, tinyUmbrella, deleting host file gs.apple.com lines, deleting files in 'ipod software update' folder, I used multiple cables, computers etc. I can go through almost the entire restore process then it gives me the 1015 error. I don't have a mac. I'ved used Windows XP and Vista.
What should I do now?
Thanks!

any help out there? I have a previously jailbroken 3GS iOS 4.2.1, baseband 6.15. It was stuck in dead battery mode. Now I think it's stuck in DFU mode.
I'ved tried iREB, tinyUmbrella, deleting host file gs.apple.com lines, deleting files in 'ipod software update' folder, I used multiple cables, computers etc. I can go through almost the entire restore process then it gives me the 1015 error. I don't have a mac. I'ved used Windows XP and Vista.
What should I do now?
Thanks!

Since you have the iPad baseband on your phone you should probably try a custom 5.0 firmware made with redsn0w or sn0wbreeze. See here for details - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...-use-redsn0w-0-9-9x-its-full-potential-25944/

So use sn0wbreeze for Windows ;)

These links help.
Iphone 4 Stuck on Apple Logo After Jailbreak | Iphone 4 Problems
Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3GS on iOS 5 Baseband 5.16.05 | iPhoneJailbreak.me

redsn0w 0.9.6.rc16 worked and the other versions did not for some reason. It's stuck in emergency mode but hopefully I'll have that fixed by using a friends at&t sim. I'm getting close. I should be able to re-unlock with ultrasn0w.
I am just wondering now if I should update the firmware, try to downgrade the baseband. What will make my life easier in the future? some apps will undoubtedly require iOS5...

Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 does not support iOS5 you either have to use redsn0w 0.9.9b8(mac) or Sn0wbreeze 2.8b10(win)

There is no way to downgrade baseband.

custom firmware is not supported on redsn0w for windows yet. I tried using redsn0w but it didn't work.

Thanks for the reminder. I've updated the guide accordingly. I used to be such a Windows fanboi... what happened? ;)

Windows users needing a custom firmware should use sn0wbreeze instead.

Back