What's new

10 Million Copies of Google Maps Downloaded Already

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

The Daily Mail reports today that Google Maps has already been a staggering success, with more than 10 million copies downloaded in the past 48 hours since the app appeared in the App Store, taking it straight to the top of the iTunes charts. The stunning tally was announced by Google’s Jeff Huber, who said: “We’re excited for the positive reception of Google Maps for iPhone around the world.” Huber went on to congratulate the Google Maps Team “for the passion and hard work they poured into it, for this release and over the last 7+ years.” The Daily Mail says that Google’s engineers had already begun working on the new Maps app even before Apple announced on September 19 of this year that it would be replacing Google Maps in iOS with its own in-house, and, as it turns out, ill-fated, iOS Maps app. The new Google Maps app includes several new features, such as turn-by-turn directions, but it does not yet include other Android-exclusive features, such as in-building directions in places such as malls.

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]iPhone users download 10m copies of Google Maps app (but find they can't delete Apple's disastrous app) | Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple needs to take notes on gm man I wish I can delete apple maps

Tapatalking up in ya

This doesn't surprise me at all. Lol.

I was glad to see Google maps back on my iPhone. I honestly like it better than the android version. :)

I have yet to try it out but I hate the fact that apple maps makes me use a Siri uk (mans voice) where as apple maps is a woman's voice so that's my reason for using google maps over apple lol... Silly some might say but I can't stand the uk Siri man voice

I have yet to try it out but I hate the fact that apple maps makes me use a Siri uk (mans voice) where as apple maps is a woman's voice so that's my reason for using google maps over apple lol... Silly some might say but I can't stand the uk Siri man voice
apparently he's called Daniel.

Nice! Do you use either maps?
i didn't bother with Apple maps but i have downloaded Google maps and had a little play around with it,i'm sure i will use it,it does look good.

I have used the GPS on google maps. I like the more advanced notice it gives me when I need to turn. Apple map did not do as well with that :)

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)