New Google Maps App Coming Soon to iOS

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Google has today announced via its official Google Maps blog that it has just released a new Google Maps app for Android, which will also soon be available on iOS. Google says that the new version of the app “builds on the design we released for iPhone last December and improves on it with a few useful search and navigation features.” The app, which will be the first dedicated Google Maps app for iPad, is designed to make it easier and faster for the user to explore and to get to the places that they want to get to as quickly as possible. Among the new app’s highlights, as listed by Google Maps blog, are Explore, whereby you can discover new places without even having to type in the search box - all you have to do is tap to see cards with suggestions of where to Eat, Drink, and Shop; and Enhanced Navigation, which introduces the ability to tap on reports of traffic problems to see details of the incident, and also a feature that alerts you when you’re driving if a better route becomes available, and even reroutes you to help you get to your final destination quicker. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] Google Lat Long: A new Google Maps app for smartphone and tablets

Last edited by a moderator:
I really love google maps, but it just doesnt work on IOS. Literally, just keeps saying cannot connect to server. I have done all the necessary trouble shooting. Just crappy. I love google maps.

Maura this is great!

As a side note--the commercial was partly filmed in Michigan-with highlights of Comerica Park-home of the Detroit Tigers! :)

Woot Woot!!

If they don't remove that absolutely STUPID auto-dimming feature that dims your whole EDITED phone and any application you try to use, then Google's developers should all be lined up and EDITED

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules Please Watch Your Language

Last edited by a moderator: