What's new

Need help, 3GS failed to jailbreak and now unable to activate it!

I ask bell again to activate my phone. So my sim card is active right now but i can't activate my phone. I guess it's because i have a ipad baseband? So is it possible to just downgrade my baseband?

As long as it was manufactured on or before the 35th week of 2011, then yes, you can and should downgrade your baseband to 05.13.04.

ok so my serial is **941****** so i should be ok?

If yes, how can i downgrade my baseband? because my phone isn't activated so redsnow refuse to jailbreak it

Last edited:
ok and can you explain me how to activate it with redsnow?

because from what i read you have to jailbreak your phone to activate with redsnow but you can't jailbreak if your phone isn't activated.... i'm confuse

All you have to do is open Redsn0w, load your IPSW under Extras>Specify IPSW, go back, hit jailbreak and check "install cydia." Make sure your device is in DFU mode. You do not need to be activated to do this.

You can't jailbreak with Evasi0n if your phone's not activated because it requires that you have access to your springboard. Since you're already on the iPad Baseband, that means you won't need Evasi0n for an untethered jailbreak, you can use RedSn0w to untether jailbreak your device. While tick both "Install Cydia" and "Deactivate" during the jailbreaking process to both jailbreak and hacktivate your device

Ok thanks you!

And do i need to check downgrade from ipad baseband?

Yes, although I might jailbreak/hacktivate first just to make sure that goes smoothly, then go back and run it again but the 2nd time uncheck "install cydia" and check "downgrade baseband"

(Do this at your own risk, if it doesn't show the right serial number digits don't do it, I am not responsible for your device, so be warned) Jailbreak using redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and then select the 6.0 IPSW, jailbreak it on iPad baseband and use iExplorer to delete Settings.app like Jon said it's under var/applications then reboot using 'redsn0w' go into Cydia add 'repo.iparelhos.com/' download 'Ultrasn0w fixer for iOS 6' then go into the Ultrasn0w repo, it should be added automatically once it's jailbroken and download 'Ultrasn0w' and then it should be unlocked & activated, then go into Cydia search for 'evasi0n untether' and download that and you should have a fully unlocked & working phone + an untethered jailbreak.

Many thanks,
Software

I've been able to jailbreak using redsnow. but i was unable to reboot using redsnow (missing Keys.plist date for that build) i rebooted the phone and it is now activated. but cydia isn't installed. i tried to just jailbreak it again and install cydia but i get the same message.

Last edited:
And BTW there was no applications folder under VAR the only applications folder was under ROOT and i deleted the complete setup.app folder. Did i deleted cydia at the same time? i did a copy of that folder before i deleted it..

Last edited:
No, jailbreaking first is fine. Redsn0w is just a tethered jailbreak, so you will have to use the just boot option in order for Cydia to work(make sure to specify IPSW in extras before booting tethered). Once it's booted you can install the evasi0n untether package through Cydia and you won't have to use Redsn0w to boot anymore.

Thank you, it worked!!!!!

My iphone is now activated, cydia, Ultrasnow and Evasion 6.0 6.1 installed but i get no network.
I put the a simcard from a working phone but i don't work...