What's new

Need help, 3GS failed to jailbreak and now unable to activate it!

I forgot to downgrade the baseband and now when i try, i get the message that it doesn't support unthetered options. i guess i did an error to
downgrade before unthetered?

Last edited:
Have you tried putting the device into DFU mode before running the jailbreak option? I'm guessing it will only produce that error if you are on the springboard before you initiate the jailbreak.

i usually have no problem doing stuff like that but this is making me crazy... lol
I'm not 100% sure but i think that's what i did. I'm now stuck in a perpetual reboot. I tried to use the recovery fix from redsnow but it don't work.... :(

i'm either stuck iin perpetual reboot or in recovery mode...
I've tried to reapply the jailbreak and downgrading baseband, but i get the following error on my phone : please reboot the device into normal operating mode then perform a clean slide to power off then try again.... but i can't perform a clean slite to power off because i'm stuck in a reboot or recovery mode

Last edited:
My serial is **941****** so week 41
a message in redsnow appear when i select the ipsw: Is this the newer model of the iphone i selected no...
It say's ''If you have a newer model and you don't correctly identify youll need to do a full official restore... i guess that what happened?

Last edited:
wizzler, you told me to not restore to any IOS witought preserving the baseband. Do i have to use a specifec ISPW to preserve the baseband or i can use 6.0?

The problem is you keep reapplying the jailbreak, when you do that you are undoubtedly going to mess up the filesystem. Jailbreak once, that's it. If the device doesn't boot use just boot, do not rejailbreak it.

You only need to worry about preserving baseband once you get to 05.13.04. 06.15.00 is automatically preserved because iTunes recognizes it as the newest baseband.

Restore iOS 6.1 again. Run Redsn0w to jailbreak/hacktivate. Then run Redsn0w again and downgrade baseband. Now boot tethered with Redsn0w, open Cydia and install Ultrans0w and Evasi0n untether and you're done.

Every time you run Redsn0w you HAVE to be in DFU mode, if you are on the springboard it will not work.

Last edited:
Thank you for your patience lol.
again, a few questions...

Once the iphone restore, i'll run redsnow, select the same IPSW under <extras> i just update to ? 6.1 and after i jailbreak/hacktivate

But the second time i run redsnow, to downgrade baseband i still have to click on jailbreak before i can check < downgrade the baseband. ?!? which mean i have to jailbreak twice no?
and do i have to select ISPW under <extra> at every manip i do in redsnow? i mean the second time i run it and when i boot tethered?

No, because the second time you are supposed to uncheck "install cydia" so that it only downgrades the baseband. The tool is confusing, the downgrade baseband option should be under extras but for whatever reason they put it under the jailbreak tab even though you aren't actually jailbreaking as long as only the "downgrade baseband" option is checked.

Thank you,

I did everything, i have installed Ultrasnow and Evasi0n.
Do i have to call the provider of the sim card to activate it to be able to use the phone? because i took the sim card from a working phone and it don't work...
i'm going to sleep
Thank you!

and i'm stil been in 6.1, shouldn't i had downgrade to 6.0 while jailbreaking?

No, the downgrade is just for the baseband it has nothing to do with firmware. As long as you are on the 05.13.04 baeband and Ultrasn0w is installed an active SIM should work, you should not have to call the provider.

The iPad Baseband is also supported by UltraSn0w. You must make sure that your APN settings match those of the carrier that you're trying to use the iPhone with, otherwise, you'll have little to no signal, and no MMS/Data capabilities

I'm on the 05.13.04 baseband and Ultrasn0w is installed, i have an active sim card and it doesn't work....
I guess it's the APN, i'll try to change it...

Last edited:
Ok so i search how to setup APN . I found the rogers APN Rogers APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
But on the VPN screen, first i have to chosse between L2TP, PPTP and IPSec and after i have to enter Description, server and compte. Where do i find these informations?
Thanks you!

Last edited: