What's new

Need help, 3GS failed to jailbreak and now unable to activate it!

Look for it in the dropdown menu listed here

World Wide Mobile Phone Settings

Thank you

But there are 3 rogers listed in the menu
And i have 3 differents place to enter the details... i tried som with no success. As i said under VPN menu i have to choose between L2TP PPTP and IPSec
And between the 3 rogers vpn... that mean a lot of possibility...
I guess that i can call rogers and they should give it to me??

Thank you

Yes they should. If you're using unlockit make sure your country matches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

I called rogers and they won't help me...

I tried the 3 different config for rogers from unlockit and it didn't work...

Read on another forum :

Phoned rogers again today, got a rather nice person at iPhone tech support who was very happy to help me out. Turns out that you do need the $10 VPN package as they applied it to my account and after changing my APN to vpn.com, using wapuser1 and wap as the user and password VPN works just fine over 3G. The salesperson I spoke to said that since I'd gotten such bad service from the CSR the other night, that he'd give me the VPN package for free (basically a $10 credit every month).

Source :
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1433173-IPSEC-VPN-over-L2TP-on-3G-Edge-with-iPhone-mad/page2 ( not sure if i can add link to other forum?!?)0

Do i understand that i need a VPN package from rogers to be able to use it?

Thank you

Last edited:
Forgot to mention as well sorry... You'll need something like TetherMe to be able to edit the APN settings yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

ok, is there any free software that could allow me to do that? not that it is that much expensive but if there is free options....

You don't need any additional software to edit APN settings. They can be found in the default settings app under Settings>General>Cellular>Cellular Data Network

First my iphone is in french and there is some change i think in the name of options.
When i go in setting--->general i have VPN but i think it's for virtual private network???
under setting--->general--->Réseau cellulaire (cellular network?) i don't have any apn setting i can change there...

ok and if it don't work is there something else i can check?