What's new

Need help, 3GS failed to jailbreak and now unable to activate it!

Gariep

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have a 3GS and i wanted to unlock it so i could give it to my girlfriend and she just have to swamp her simcard to use it. But after a few step, i think i have brick it.
I think i currently have an ipad baseband on it.
I tried different thing but nothing work.
Last thing i did is to update to lastest Ios

Is it possible to unlock it?
Is yes, where do i have to start knowing that currently the phone isn't activate.

I need your help to set it up

Thank you!

You can go about manipulating the device under "I think", you have to be definite about what you're doing and what's already on the device.

What is the current baseband and iOS on the device. Run RedSn0w and go to Extras > Even More > Identify, and look for Modem Firmware/baseband and iOS and provide us with more information. Also provide us with the entire model number (including the MB or MC header) and the 3rd, 4th and 5th digits of your serial number.

thank you for your answer
Sorry for the confusion, i did all that a few weeks ago and i didn't really remember what i did...

BasebandBootloaderVersion: 6.4_M3S2
BasebandStatus: BBNotReady
BasebandVersion: 06.15.00

FirmwareVersion: iBoot-1537.4.21
HardwareModel: N88AP
HardwarePlatform: s5l8920x

ModelNumber: MC131
ProductType: iPhone2,1
ProductVersion: 6.0.1

SerialNumber: **941******

Is anything missing?
Thank you

You can unlock that baseband using UltraSn0w after jailbreaking it. Do not restore to any iOS without preserving the baseband or you will brick your device. Since you're on iOS 6.0.1, simply download Evasi0n from their website, plug your device in, click jailbreak and follow the 1 step physical instruction when prompted to. Don't worry about preserving your baesband since it won't update it at all.

<The attached device is not activated. you need to activated it before you can apply the jailbreak>

You may need the original carriers sim card in there to activate the phone over WiFi first. I found this with a 3GS I was trying to jailbreak. For some reason I couldn't hactivate it and needed to have the original carrier sim in there to get it up and running. Then I jailbroke, applied the ipad baseband, unlocked and then re-instated the baseband of the iphone.

This was on 5.1.1.

The original simcard is in....

Gariep said:
The original simcard is in....

Try jailbreak using ultrasnow
After jailbreak at cydia search ultrasnow an install
Also search 6.1 evasion to unthered jailbreak

Don't mislead. UltraSn0w is the software unlocking from Cydia

@op, the SIM must be active in order for the activation to go through. Otherwise, you'll need to deactivate using RedSn0w or delete the setup.app by rooting into your device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk &#63743;

Thank you guys,

I asked Bell to re-activate my iphone but it doesn't work.
My sim card is active atm, is there anything else i can try?

Last edited:
You'll have to delete the setup.app from your phone using iFunBox. Go to var/applications/ and delete Setup.app.

i can't jailbreak because my phone is not activated...

You'll have to delete the setup.app from your phone using iFunBox. Go to var/applications/ and delete Setup.app.

Im not sure i'm looking at the right place as my ifunbox is in french, i tried to pu iot in english but i didn't find where...
i did a search for the Setup.app but it didn't find it

$1.jpg Where should it be?

i searched the setup.app everywhere and didn't found it...