What's new

Zizo Wireless Privacy Screen - Makes my eyes hurt!!

homerb

Reaction score
I just bought the Zizo Wireless privacy screen protector from eBay for about 5 bucks. It's one of those screen protectors that blacks out the screen for people sitting next to you when they try to look over at it from a certain angle.

Not only does the screen protector not do a good job at blacking out the screen from an angle, but it hurts my eyes to look at!! It's AWFUL! When stuck to the screen, it created all sorts of colorful refractions that made it almost impossible to read text.

Check out the before and after pics. The picture with the screen protector doesn't do it any justice. It's MUCH WORSE looking at it in person. I pulled it off ASAP and called the company telling them to pay attention to what they import from China.

Homer

Attachments

• $iPhone-4-Clear-Screen-Prote(3).jpg
    $iPhone-4-Clear-Screen-Prote(3).jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2,877
  • $iphone 4 without privacy screen.jpg
    $iphone 4 without privacy screen.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,897
  • $iphone 4 with privacy screen.jpg
    $iphone 4 with privacy screen.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 2,882
Oh man that's Awful, at least it was only 5 dollars? :)

I have ordered the mirror ones from China as well. They look cool but have the same rainbow effect and makes the screen more unreadable in direct sunlight than it already is.....

That's the worst screen protector I've ever seen. How can the company sell such a crappy product.

homerb, I'm really sorry for your sad experience, but I must thank you as I was just ordering one for myself...
So, now perhaps we may start a topic on 'Good Privacy Screen Protectors' that may be worth the hassle. What do you think?
Privacy is a really important topic, and have a guy that is shoulder surfing you while you are reading or typing emails or sms is very enerving.

What a waste of $5 bucks, well the after pic, hurts my eyes already.