What's new

zagg,any good?

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i got my iPhone 4s today and I'm considering zagg invisible shields,however i just read some negative reviews so I'm not sure now,any opinions anyone?

I have ZAGG on my iPad front and back, iPhone, iPod Touch, Blackberry Torch and they are top shelf.
Ok,some said that the bubbles didnt go and others that they peeled at the corners,if i get them il have them fitted at the shop,maybe that makes a difference?

Bubbles are up to the person to get rid of. There is a solution that is call patience... If you get the protectors at the Apple Store, you can have them do the application for you and then they are responsible for getting it right. That is what I ended up doing with my iPhone.

InvisibleShield is very much the "marmite" of screen protectors. You either love them our you hate them.

Personally, I swear by them, but plenty of my friends think they are the devils work.

They are not like traditional screen protectors. They have a textured "orange peel" effect when cured, which you will either grow to love, or rip off your phone and never use them again...

They do have a tendency to peel after a while. After all, the iPhone is all glass, and getting something as thick and protective as invisible shield to stick to the glass without using proper adhesive is always going to be a challenge. It's just the nature of the material. Zagg do offer a lifetime warranty, and you should really make the most of that if your shield peels off...

It's going to be up to you I'm afraid. If you can get to see one in the flesh that might be best... And defo get it fitted for you professionally if you can the first time unless you like little challenges like that. Remember, it's a wet install, so water is involved :)

Sorry it's not much help. But after years of using them I've learned you really can't predict whether someone will like them or not. They really are that unique!

To chime in again on what f4780y is saying, I have replaced (for free) the front shield on my iPad (once) and my Touch (twice) already at no cost.

InvisibleShield is very much the "marmite" of screen protectors. You either love them our you hate them.

Personally, I swear by them, but plenty of my friends think they are the devils work.

They are not like traditional screen protectors. They have a textured "orange peel" effect when cured, which you will either grow to love, or rip off your phone and never use them again...

They do have a tendency to peel after a while. After all, the iPhone is all glass, and getting something as thick and protective as invisible shield to stick to the glass without using proper adhesive is always going to be a challenge. It's just the nature of the material. Zagg do offer a lifetime warranty, and you should really make the most of that if your shield peels off...

It's going to be up to you I'm afraid. If you can get to see one in the flesh that might be best... And defo get it fitted for you professionally if you can the first time unless you like little challenges like that. Remember, it's a wet install, so water is involved :)

Sorry it's not much help. But after years of using them I've learned you really can't predict whether someone will like them or not. They really are that unique!
Thanks,you touched on one of the things i dont like the sound of,the water,actually you did help,think i will pass on zagg,thanks both.

I don't like the orange peel and I think Xtreme Guard which is 1/5th the price is more clear and less textured.

I will say with Zagg and Xrteme guard they won't get the little scratches the $1 ones will get.

Last edited:
I had a zagg on my droid and it was great at first but it yellowed over time and I didn't realize how bad it was until I took the protector off. The screen was so much clearer without the zagg on it, I never put it back on. It did however never get a scratch just like its advertised.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

For those wanting to see what the orange peel looks like here is a closeup shot of my iphone 4 with a zagg. You cant see it at all when the screen is on or if your looking directly at the phone. The only time you notice the orange peel is when looking at a steep angle.

I had a Zagg on a droid way back when and while it did work great it took some getting used to with the rubbery feel. It does provide great protection tho. And the wet install really isn't that big of a deal. You use a few drops, not like dunking the whole phone in a pond.

Zaggs do protect, but they are on the thick side, so if you also want to use a case you will be limited to number of cases that will work. If you would run the front screen only, I think more cases would work if you could get a perfect alignment on the film. Zagg makes a case friendly front film. I took mine off because I did not like the rubbery drag feel when l would slide my finger across the screen. If you want to run with only the Zaggs, no case, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I tried Gadget Gards, but found them too easy to scratch.

bc