What's new

Your biggest complaint about Apple or the iPhone 4?

np :)

yeah o2 have had iphone sole carrier until recently i think o2 is a better network then voda also

I don't want to leave O2 as they are by far the best in my area, but if they try to rip up my contract I will have to look around. As long as they honour my original contract I will stay with them. Obviously this means buying outright with no subsidies but will go that way from now on.

yeah, if they have been good to you, i think a lot of people will stick with o2 those who have had iphones maybe new comers might go with another carrier but i doubt many. even though mine is factory unlocked i changed form voda to o2 lol.. i think t mobile have a good deal they give you unlimited texts for pay go customers if you top up at least 5 a month :D i think thats a sweet deal but is their network good?

Sorry only ever been with vodafone and o2, think it is the same with all the networks. Depends how strong their signal is where you live and spend most of your time that matters.

What annoy me in Apple is the fact we canÂ’t use the device for storage Â… so canÂ’t save AI , or IND file and send it by email from my device ( 3Gs / iPad) and the fact i canÂ’t connect my 3Gs to my iPad for send picture for example .. i guess in OS4 we will got the same SH*T

oh well, im happy with o2..

but the main thing is apple listen to customer wants because eventually they do add things when they get a high request for it, well apart from bluetooth send/rreceive they will never add that lol

This is me talking to an "Apple Expert"

• You are chatting with Alyse T, an Apple Expert

• Hi, my name is Alyse T. Welcome to Apple!
  • Alyse T: Hello!
  • Alyse T: How may I assist you today?
  • You: Hey I am about to order a iPhone 4
  • You: And about the reception problem, is there going to be a fix to it, if so when?
  • You: Hello?
  • You: What kind of service is this?
  • Alyse T: I am happy to assist you with that.
  • You: ok
  • Alyse T: We have discovered an error in the formula we use to calculate how many bars to display for a given level of signal strength. Users observing a drop of several bars when they grip their iPhone in a certain way are most likely in an area with very weak signal strength, but they don't know it because we are erroneously displaying 4 or 5 bars. Their big drop in bars is because the high bars were never real in the first place.
  • Alyse T: We will issue a free software update within a few weeks that incorporates the corrected formula for calculating how many bars to display. The real signal strength remains the same, but the iPhone's bars will report it far more accurately, providing users a much better indication of the reception they will get in a given area.
  • You: So it displays that, but the signal is real, why is it display
  • Alyse T: To maximize reception in low signal areas avoid covering the black strip in the lower-left corner of the metal band.
  • Alyse T: It is a formula error.
  • You: Why is it only when you cup the phone?
  • You: what about in your pocket or other things like thay=t?
  • You: that*
  • Alyse T: We recommend a bumber to aid in maximizing reception as well.
  • You: But why do we have to spend 30 dollars on a phone that I am going to spend $200, that doesnt have a garentee in calling
  • Alyse T: he iPhone 4's wireless performance is the best Apple has ever shipped. Gripping almost any mobile phone in certain places will reduce its reception. This is true of iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, as well as many Droid, Nokia, and RIM phones.
  • You: But on other phones calls dont drop when you cup the phone
  • Alyse T: I understand.
  • Alyse T: I recommend avoid covering the black strip in the lower-left corner of the metal band, to maximize reception in low signal areas.
  • You: OK thanks, but is it a guarantee when the new software update comes the whole reception proble will be fixed?
  • Alyse T: I am sorry I do not have any information regarding the details of the update. However the software update is to aid in the issue of the bars.
  • You: So I should wait, is that what you are trying to say?
  • Alyse T: It is up to you. However, the update most likely will be out by the time you receive your iPhone.
  • Alyse T: Have you completed ordering your iPhone?
  • You: No not yet I am still deciding
  • You: I expected more from apple
  • Alyse T: Are you a new AT&T customer?
  • You: Now I have to think about purchasing it
  • Alyse T: The iPhone 4's wireless performance is the best Apple has ever shipped.

So far no issues with the phone but apple and att seem to dance around the edges of whatever issue comes up. No straight talk.

my biggest complaint is the constant error message i kept getting about wap when iw as not trying to use wap, that was so annoying :mad: i was ready to throw it against the wall. but thats not apples fault its o2 i think

Wow, im suprised he/she didnt open up a can of worms with this topic. Either way.

Mine is apple's restriction on everything in general. Their hardware and software.

Despite that i still love apple products.

I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's biggest complaint is about either Apple, the iPhone 4 or even iOS in general?

I have a few, and I can't really narrow it down to my single biggest.

1. I'm upset that Apple is forcing developers to "use their tools" and only their tools. Programmers are a picky bunch of people and for Apple to force their choices to me seems unnecessary.

2. Apple appears to be at war with Google, and to hurt Google they've put a rule in place that Google's recent acquisition, AdMob is no longer able to be used on the iPhone. To me, this is an anti-competitive practice and that's why the FTC is looking into it. I think Apple is in the wrong... as a consumer and a publisher, the more choices for ad platforms the better.

This is Apple's attempt at hurting Google, and the consumer is the innocent victim getting hit.

3. Apple's App-Store approval process is bad. From being hypocritical, inconsistent, slow and down right censoring some apps. There's not much about the process that is "good" IMHO.

What are your thoughts?

You nailed it. Apples almost pedantic insistance at controlling - well everything is my biggest turnoff of the whole iOS experience.

In Germany, they have a phrase "everything that is not allowed is forbidden" and that sounds like Apple.

Lest we not forged the whole freedom of the press thing, and Apple's Jack-booted thuggery regarding the lost iPhone.

Finally, the bold-faced refusal to face up to reception issues that are hardware, software and carrier related.

I agree with you, Apple tries to limit the developers and forcing them to pay a lot (100$) for their software is a bad decission.

It would be nice if somebody could do an open source script because more developers could afford to do apps. (=> better for iPhone)

Apple is on the wrong way and wants to be like microsoft...

i wish there was some easy way to make apps and games for the iphone, i downloaded the sdk but you have to know c++ and other coding languages.. i know none of them so it sucks lol. plus yes you have to pay 100 dollars so you can test the apps on a phone, otherwise its a virtual iphone on the mac

Apple is way more strict than Microsoft. Its not fair to compare the two.