What's new

will you get the new iphone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poeticvibez07

Reaction score
before the 4s was released, rumors of an iPhone 5 have been running all over the place. but throughout the rumors and elapsed time, we are getting closer to the fall which should be a sure time to release a new iPhone model. are you going to go out and get one the moment the stores open or will you wait longer? is there any reason that you would NOT buy a new model?

Gonna hold out a bit for a few reasons. Currently Ive got a perfect working 4s and tons of accessories for it. I have somewhere around 30 cases (ive got an addiction i know) that wont be available at launch. The biggest issue I have is the new charge port. I wanna see if theres gonna be a way to adapt current docking stations to the new connector because Ive got a few pricey docks Im not ready to replace. Lastly, ive bought so many launch phones in the past and dealt with tons of bugs and issues that Im willing to wait a bit on this one.

wingzfan61 said:
Gonna hold out a bit for a few reasons. Currently Ive got a perfect working 4s and tons of accessories for it. I have somewhere around 30 cases (ive got an addiction i know) that wont be available at launch. The biggest issue I have is the new charge port. I wanna see if theres gonna be a way to adapt current docking stations to the new connector because Ive got a few pricey docks Im not ready to replace. Lastly, ive bought so many launch phones in the past and dealt with tons of bugs and issues that Im willing to wait a bit on this one.

Am i understanding you correctly, does the iPhone 5 comes with a different charger connector than the iphone4?

thi said:
Am i understanding you correctly, does the iPhone 5 comes with a different charger connector than the iphone4?

According to what has been posted, the iPhone 5 will have a micro connector.. much smaller than the current connector on the iPhone 4S.

I'll be replacing my iPhone 4 for whatever is current at the end of my contract, whereupon my iPhone 4 will be stripped of apps, and filled up with music.

Can't see any reason to consider anything but Apple products, since the iPhone and iPad have worked well for me.

ardchoille said:
According to what has been posted, the iPhone 5 will have a micro connector.. much smaller than the current connector on the iPhone 4S.

Still yet... all speculation!! :)

Myself... I have the iPhone 4 w/ an upgrade available. Trust me though... it's burning a hole in my pocket. Try try trying to hold out for the new release later this year.

I'll be replacing my iPhone 4 for whatever is current at the end of my contract, whereupon my iPhone 4 will be stripped of apps, and filled up with music.
That's my plan as well. I don't have any hardware so the different connector (if it is different) isn't a problem.

I just signed up for two years in April so I'll be keeping my 4s for a while. Doesn't really bother me, I'm past the stage of wanting to be a new device guinea pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, being with Verizon I would lose my unlimited data plan if I upgrade. Buying a iPhone 5 at retail price, I don't think so! So I'll stick with my 4s and look foward to ios6.😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My upgrade is in December so I'll be getting one then. Might pay retail and get it sooner if it's a really spectacular phone and there's no bugs

yeah i was grandfathered in with verizon too and im pissed that ill lose my unlimited status if i upgrade but theyre trying to sell me on their share everything plan which doesnt appeal to me right now so i might look into what sprint has to offer
im also not too happy about the change in main dock ive got too many accessories with that dock size that will be useless if this main change occurs
my contract is up in february which is good for me because that gives apple time to fix any bugs that will surely arise from the first few batches of new iphones...

i doubt i get it, hopefully the design doesn't change too much cause I like the iphone's current design. If it goes back to the curved back like it used to be, i'm definitely not getting it, and from what i've been reading it may be thinner than it's current design(but you can't trust rumors). I'm very satisfied with my 4s, i kno that iOS6 is gonna be great, so i'll just wait on that. But who knows, the design may turn out great, so until then.......

i saw one rumored design where it sorta looks like a mac desktop mouse i actually like it a lot i wouldnt mind if it did look like that especially since im quite bored with this current two year design but thats just me i have also seen more rumored designs where it will look like an ipad mini phone which i like too but i doubt either of these designs will come to pass in the near future i think it will basically be the current design just a bit thinner and a bit longer

Status
Not open for further replies.