What's new

WiFi Question

rws

Reaction score
My wife and I took a trip last week and I had a chance to use my phone out of my home area. Worked great 99% of the time. I do have a WiFi question tho. In some places when using the phone I was presented with a couple of WiFi networks to connect to. These were unlocked according to the display. When I picked one of the networks I was presented with a screen asking for a Logon with no input area. No way to get rid of the screen unless the Home key was pressed and I started again. What is the deal with that?
Thanks,
Russ

some companies charge for wifi usage and you have to pay them to login, I am guessing that is what you are seeing

I've seen that several times, rws, and there's no way to resolve that unless you can find someone in that establishment with half a brain. And that's unlikely. As "Unleashed" wrote, some are for pay only, even if they don't say so on the screen. Some require a manual (super secret) logon scheme, and some require a password gotten from someone on the scene. In situations like that, I usually just move on, count my blessings, and look for another wi-fi locale.

Same thing happened again this morning at our local Bob Evans Restaurant. It is aggravating. Logon screen with no input field. If you "Cancel" it goes back to the choose network screen, back to logon, and on, and on...
Oh well, guess ya can't have everything!
Thanks all who replied.
Russ

rws said:
Same thing happened again this morning at our local Bob Evans Restaurant. It is aggravating. Logon screen with no input field. If you "Cancel" it goes back to the choose network screen, back to logon, and on, and on...
Oh well, guess ya can't have everything!
Thanks all who replied.
Russ

Try resetting your network

I've had issues with this at McDonalds... which supposedly offers free wifi, but I've never had much luck. Also at Panera Bread. Sometimes you have to click that you agree to their terms and conditions.... Good luck!