What's new

HT change password for network in WiFi?

Tricon7

Reaction score
I had entered my username/password info in the WiFi area of my iPhone, and I was connecting at work beautifully. However, I had to change my username here, and now it's not connecting, naturally. I need to change my username for that network, but it's trying to connect me automatically, and I'm not seeing where to input that information now. Does anyone know?

there is nothing you can do on the phone, everything related to network name and password are and should be made on the router.

there is nothing you can do on the phone, everything related to network name and password are and should be made on the router.

But when I first tried to connect to this network, it asked me for my username and password - on the iPhone. Once I signed in, it never asked me again. I'm assuming it's "remembering" the credentials so I don't have to input them every time. My question is how do I get the iPhone to give me the username/password fields again so I can input different credentials? It did it once - why can't it do it again?

Settings > Wi-Fi > Find the network that you want to get rid of. Touch the right-pointing blue arrow to get into its properties. At the top touch "Forget this Network." After you go back to the previous page turn on "Ask to Join Networks." This will cause the phone to look for any available networks and ask you if you want to join them. After you've selected the one that you want and have it working, go back and turn "Ask to Join Networks" off so that it doesn't pop up all the time.