What's new

Why you would buy a phone case?

I recently joined a gym and decided to take my iPhone 6 along to log my workouts and runs. I didn't feel completely comfortable holding the phone with sweaty hands so I decided to put it in a case to protect it further. I had an Otterbox Symmetry case laying around and it provides a better grip and protection from sweat.

Good looks, Protection, Grip, Changing the look of your phone when you get bored with it.....Four reasons why I always have a case.

Good looks, Protection, Grip, Changing the look of your phone when you get bored with it.....Four reasons why I always have a case.
It's a lot cheaper to change the colour and style of your case than the colour of your iPhone.

I had an Otterbox on my old iPhone 4 and was so pleased with it I got another for my 5s. I dropped the 4 once and even with the Otterbox on it it broke a bit of the plastic near the power plug-in. It would have been worse with no case.

And, as stated above, they're both slippery without the Otterbox on them. I like the feel of it and I carry mine in my shirt poscket a lot of the time and it won't slide out when I bend over to pick something up.

I'm a believer.... :)

Strictly for protection. I love the way the iPhone 6s plus looks, but I need protection. I was showing someone something last night and dropped it on the ground. Thank God I have an Otterbox case on it.

I don't use iPhone case anymore,because there have some information about this will harm our iPhone.

Maybe I'm lucky, my phone drop over 50 times,my iPhone screen still not break.

But for the iPhone case(otter-box),once i drop my phone in Toilet,I pick it up very fast. my phone still work good. i think is because I'm using otter-box,if I use another iPhone case,it would be different story.

I never walk out of the store without a case and screen protector on my phone. Mainly for protection but I like to change the look of the phone also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes,it's a function of both- aesthetic and utilitarian purposes. I have both shield and a case cause I don't like the feel of not having protection at all. Also, it does provide firm grip

To protect in case i drop it and from scratches

Reactions: 933
I use an Apple silicone cover mainly for the grip, with some light protection. When I am out and about my 6S is in a handbag, so it doesn’t need heavy protection and this case is ideal.

Drops and accidental spills into the drink!!! Yes it happens!!! A good case will keep most if not all the water out. And it will keep your phone looking new for a long time if you get a good case. All my phones even after having them for 2-4 years, all looked new when taken out of the case they were in. Only time I ever broke a phone was cleaning one with the case off and it fell about 1ft and broke. Won’t make that mistake ever again. It’s an investment as far as I am concerned. Paying close to or more than $1K for a phone, heck yes I am going to make sure it’s well protected!!! And like I said, it keeps the phones overall appearance like new if you keep it in the case all the time. JMHO’s. Good day.