What's new

Iphone 6 (non plus) case thread...

RipGroove

Reaction score
What cases are you all getting for your 4.7" iphone 6's? I'm after the Case Mate Caliber as I need something semi tough due to work and doing boy things at weekends but it's showing as not available with no information as to when it might be?

http://www.case-mate.co.uk/iphone/iphone-6/calibre-black-green-iphone-6.html

Will probably have to run to the nearest Apple store when the phone arrives just so I have something protecting it while I'm waiting for the Case Mate.

I'm going back with spigen since I have them for every other phone that I own. But I'm waiting for the aluminum fit new hybrid but it doesn't restock until next month. I went a company called verus that looks exactly like but its a knockoff that looks nice

I have no idea when my case mate will ship so I'm currently carrying my iPhone 6 around in a soft bag that came with some motocross goggles [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411607435.054253.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411607452.611487.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411607755.157582.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411607768.448305.jpg

This is only the beginning of my iPhone 6 wardrobe[emoji16]

I just received this iPhone 6 (4.7") case:

Amazon.com iPhone 6 Case Spigen Neo Hybrid Case for iPhone 6 4.7-Inch - Retail Packaging - Gunmetal SGP11031 Cell Phones Accessories
iph6_neo_hybrid_title_gray.jpg

Its awesome. The outer edge is a separate piece that surrounds the more rubbery back part. That piece has buttons that make it so easy to press the volume and lock buttons. I almost smile every time I use them.
There's easy access to the vibrate switch, and the ports on the bottom are open so you wont have any issue accessing them.
The case covering the back of the phone has a nice texture so it wont slip out of your hands.
Its lightweight so I don't wish that I didn't have to put a case on my phone; its really not that noticeable (other than visually), and it nicely mimics the round shape of the iPhone 6.
It does cover the apple on the back of the phone, but its not like I don't realize I'm holding an iPhone. :)
While it is lightweight, the outer edge piece makes me feel like its quite sturdy and would hold up well if (and when) I drop my phone.

Otter box and lifeproof for me. But the lifeproof isn't out yet

I just received this iPhone 6 (4.7") case:

Amazon.com iPhone 6 Case Spigen Neo Hybrid Case for iPhone 6 4.7-Inch - Retail Packaging - Gunmetal SGP11031 Cell Phones Accessories
iph6_neo_hybrid_title_gray.jpg

Its awesome. The outer edge is a separate piece that surrounds the more rubbery back part. That piece has buttons that make it so easy to press the volume and lock buttons. I almost smile every time I use them.
There's easy access to the vibrate switch, and the ports on the bottom are open so you wont have any issue accessing them.
The case covering the back of the phone has a nice texture so it wont slip out of your hands.
Its lightweight so I don't wish that I didn't have to put a case on my phone; its really not that noticeable (other than visually), and it nicely mimics the round shape of the iPhone 6.
It does cover the apple on the back of the phone, but its not like I don't realize I'm holding an iPhone. :)
While it is lightweight, the outer edge piece makes me feel like its quite sturdy and would hold up well if (and when) I drop my phone.

UPDATE: My case broke.
The outer bumper has a very thin part where the Silence/vibrate switch is, and when you look at that area by itself, its kind of a no brainer as to why it broke. Here are the pics. Guess I'm in the market for a new case:
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg

I'm still rockin' my Tech21 case and it works great. I've dropped it once already with no issues.

Will the warranty on the case cover this? An iPhone case should certainly last longer than 3 weeks.

I honestly didn't even think of that. Thanks.

I'll have to wait till I get home from work tonight to figure that out. I've also sent Spigen a message, in case they got back to me before I got home.