What's new

Why cant I jailbreak my 3g?

When I first tried my jailbreak I was unable to get my iPhone into DFU and I found out that I didn't download the correct version of redsnow. Downloaded the right one and it went into DFU on the first try.

h2olover1 said:
That is technically paying for one. When you can do it yourself for free. Anyway, to the OP, you are having trouble getting into DFU Mode?

Lol. ....

When I first tried my jailbreak I was unable to get my iPhone into DFU and I found out that I didn't download the correct version of redsnow. Downloaded the right one and it went into DFU on the first try.

DFU has nothing to do with Redsn0w, even if you didn't have any version of Redsn0w you could still enter DFU mode. The DFU drivers are installed with iTunes.

I'm sure ur right and I'm by far not a computer/ electronic wiz unlike a lot of people on here but I'm just saying my computer wouldn't pick up my device being in DFU mode but once I downloaded a diff version it picked it up right away. Just sayin

well, i found a way around all of this.
I bought a 3GS that has already been jailbroken, and I sold my 3G. Problem Solved!

LOL

Last edited: