What's new

Why cant I jailbreak my 3g?

EZ SPEED

Reaction score
I repair and test airplane parts for a living and build custom race cars and show cars as a hobby. including tuning the computers in these cars with special software.

So......Why am I having soooo much trouble with this little iphone 3g trying to jailbreak it??

I cant seem to get it into DFU mode, I tried redsn0w, greenpois0n which have the countdown timers, but still no luck. Seems like i tried 30 times !! I have read all kinds of info on this forum...but nothing has really helped me.

Ugh...can anyone help me? Pllleeassssee !!

Watch YouTube videos on how to enter DFU.
Or use Absinthe 2.04 to jailbreak which does not require you to put your phone into DFU.

Watch YouTube videos on how to enter DFU.
Or use Absinthe 2.04 to jailbreak which does not require you to put your phone into DFU.

Yeah i have watched some videos, but i havent tried Absinthe yet. Thanks!

EZ SPEED said:
Yeah i have watched some videos, but i havent tried Absinthe yet. Thanks!

He cannot use Absinthe.

If he has an iPhone 3G that means he cannot be on any iOS passed 4.2.1...which means he cannot use Absinthe...which is a tool for jailbreaking 5.1.1 *only*.

He cannot use Absinthe.

If he has an iPhone 3G that means he cannot be on any iOS passed 4.2.1...which means he cannot use Absinthe...which is a tool for jailbreaking 5.1.1 *only*.

Oh. okay thanks.
and mine is on 4.2.1.

EZ SPEED said:
Oh. okay thanks.
and mine is on 4.2.1.

Your gonna have to use redsn0w or greenpois0n.....redsn0w is better tho.

Your gonna have to use redsn0w or greenpois0n.....redsn0w is better tho.

I have tried redsn0w with no luck.
probably tried to get into DFU mode 25 times.
Thought it might be my cable, so i started using a genuine apple cable, but it didnt help.
Downloaded the newest version of itunes...didnt help.
Tried with itunes open, then itunes closed..no good.
I have read the Tutorial on here many times also.
Watched 5 or 6 Youtube videos
Seems like no matter what i try i cannot get this stupid phone into DFU mode.
Wish there was someone local i could just pay to do this for me...I have spend 3 afternoons and nights working on this with nothing to show for it. UGH !

Last edited:
EZ SPEED said:
I have tried redsn0w with no luck.
probably tried to get into DFU mode 25 times.
Thought it might be my cable, so i started using a genuine apple cable, but it didnt help.
Downloaded the newest version of itunes...didnt help.
Tried with itunes open, then itunes closed..no good.
I have read the Tutorial on here many times also.
Watched 5 or 6 Youtube videos
Seems like no matter what i try i cannot get this stupid phone into DFU mode.
Wish there was someone local i could just pay to do this for me...I have spend 3 afternoons and nights working on this with nothing to show for it. UGH !

Do Not pay for a jailbreak. iPhones can *always* get into DFU unless there is a hardware fault

He's not talking about buying a jailbreak.

He is talking about paying someone else to figure it out.

That means either your home or power button are not functioning correctly, you will have to get it fixed.

both buttons seem to be working just fine

Exactly ! Do you know how many cars I could have made money on in the last 3 days instead of screwing with this phone..LOL

Might be a long shot, but have you tried restoring? It most likely won't help but it's worth a try.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

zig9449 said:

That is technically paying for one. When you can do it yourself for free. Anyway, to the OP, you are having trouble getting into DFU Mode?

both buttons seem to be working just fine

If they were working fine you wouldn't be having issues getting into DFU mode. It's actually a very common problem, dust and wear cause the buttons to stop functioning properly so when you try to enter DFU mode the device does not recognize that you are holding the buttons down.