Do you use icloud?

• Yes

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • What the heck is it? lol

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
I haven't really figured out what it does that I already haven't provisioned for except "find my iPhone" and saving contacts. I don't have an iPad so ....?

Yes....Contacts on in Gmail will cause issues.

Yes......iTunes will put your apps back on your new phone.

You must be very careful in this step if you are using iTunes to make sure that you say "download purchased" first. You don't want to erase anything already on your phone -- well -- then -- I guess if you set it up as a "new phone" you wouldn't be erasing anything currently on there.

When I set up a new phone - I simply download all "purchased apps" from the Apple store APP on the phone itself. I get my contacts and bookmarks from icloud and one calendar I use from the cloud. Then I add my Google Calendars in a later step after I add my email accounts.

The reasons why "I" often prefer to use a backup from the cloud is that it remembers all the positions of my apps on each page. That takes a LONG time to set up. And unless you do a restore from backup you'll lose all your app positions. You'll have to readd all your email accounts too unless you restore from backup.

Why don't some of you "like" restore from backup. I've never had a single problem with it from within iTunes or iCloud.

pianoman said:
You must be very careful in this step if you are using iTunes to make sure that you say "download purchased" first. You don't want to erase anything already on your phone -- well -- then -- I guess if you set it up as a "new phone" you wouldn't be erasing anything currently on there.

When I set up a new phone - I simply download all "purchased apps" from the Apple store APP on the phone itself. I get my contacts and bookmarks from icloud and one calendar I use from the cloud. Then I add my Google Calendars in a later step after I add my email accounts.

The reasons why "I" often prefer to use a backup from the cloud is that it remembers all the positions of my apps on each page. That takes a LONG time to set up. And unless you do a restore from backup you'll lose all your app positions. You'll have to readd all your email accounts too unless you restore from backup.

Why don't some of you "like" restore from backup. I've never had a single problem with it from within iTunes or iCloud.

The reason why I don't restore from a backup is generally because I modify the sh** out if my phone after I jailbreak and setting up as new device alway makes the jailbreak more stable.

Second:
I do way too much tweaking and experimenting to even consider restoring from a backup.

I know not everyone does that but, I told home it was best to setup as new because it's just faster...as hell be as a Verizon store.

I have my own way of backing all my data...the only thing I don't backup is my app data...makes installing apps take too long. for me any way.

I dot use iTunes to backup anything. However since iOS 5 I have been using it to keeps all my contacts and bookmarks backed up.

But everything else I package into a dev file. And install it.

This way I can choose what I want to backup and what I don't. Unlike iTunes where you have to backup everything or nothing.

I have restore from an iCloud backup a couple times (strictly experimenting).

Its actually not too bad, is I think it's much better than iTunes backups, because you can turn certain things off...

But....what my ultimate goal is....is to figure out which of those procedures provides the most stable jailbroken iPhone....as it seems to change every time there is a major change in the iOS.