What's new

ICloud Backup Question

HiddenPuppy

Reaction score
I have wanted to use ICloud to back up my Iphone 4s, but when I click to do it, it says "if I use that then backups to the computer will stop" Not sure this is a good thing. Is there a way to make it backup to both?

Thanks & Merry Christmas,
HiddenPuppy

HiddenPuppy said:
I have wanted to use ICloud to back up my Iphone 4s, but when I click to do it, it says "if I use that then backups to the computer will stop" Not sure this is a good thing. Is there a way to make it backup to both?

Thanks & Merry Christmas,
HiddenPuppy

ICloud is a load of crap Back it up to the computer Don't think you can back up to both iCloud waste of time

ICloud is a load of crap Back it up to the computer Don't think you can back up to both iCloud waste of time

If this is true, how can I backup to 2 computers? I have my home and then I have a notebook I travel with. I don't want to lose things when I travel.

Thanks,
HiddenPuppy

HiddenPuppy said:
If this is true, how can I backup to 2 computers? I have my home and then I have a notebook I travel with. I don't want to lose things when I travel.

Thanks,
HiddenPuppy

Just go into the advanced tab in iTunes and authorize both computers to be sync-able to your iPhone. You can do this with 5 computers. :)

Just go into the advanced tab in iTunes and authorize both computers to be sync-able to your iPhone. You can do this with 5 computers. :)

So the first time I sync will it just copy everything from the Iphone to iTunes? This is a first for me, sorry to bother you with so many questions.

Have a nice day,
HiddenPuppy

HiddenPuppy said:
So the first time I sync will it just copy everything from the Iphone to iTunes? This is a first for me, sorry to bother you with so many questions.

Have a nice day,
HiddenPuppy

Yes it'll back up just like you do with your PC. Just remember to authorize the computer first. :)

Yes it'll back up just like you do with your PC. Just remember to authorize the computer first. :)

Sorry to keep bothering you, but I do not want to make a mistake. Do I need to make sure that my music files are the same on both machines? This is not music I have bought through iTunes, but music in mp3 that I already had on the desktop computer.

Thanks Again,
HiddenPuppy

P.S. At what point do you become something other that a "junior member"

HiddenPuppy said:
Sorry to keep bothering you, but I do not want to make a mistake. Do I need to make sure that my music files are the same on both machines? This is not music I have bought through iTunes, but music in mp3 that I already had on the desktop computer.

Thanks Again,
HiddenPuppy

P.S. At what point do you become something other that a "junior member"

No, after you authorize the computer, anything you have on your iPhone will be backed up without a hiccup. I've done this myself through 3 computers with no issues.

You'll become a "Member" after 40 posts and a "Senior Member" after 100 posts.

Although you asked about iCloud backups. Just to let you know they're safe. I've tested the backups myself multiple times on my iPhone and I've not been disappointed or had any issues with lost Data.

Although you asked about iCloud backups. Just to let you know they're safe. I've tested the backups myself multiple times on my iPhone and I've not been disappointed or had any issues with lost Data.

But when I go to do the icloud backup it says that backups to the computer will be disabled, I wanted to do both if possible.

Thanks again

HiddenPuppy said:
But when I go to do the icloud backup it says that backups to the computer will be disabled, I wanted to do both if possible.

Thanks again

It's not possible to do both.
If iTunes backups are more important to you, then stick with them. :)

Here we go again, so now it is authorized and I have the backup done, but how do I then sync with this 2nd computer or is that possible. I started to sync and it said, " all information on this iPhone will be replaced by what is on this computer" and of course nothing is on the 2nd computer. Not sure what to do now.

Thanks,
HiddenPuppy