Do you use icloud?

• Yes

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • What the heck is it? lol

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
I just signed up to mine and my wifes phone last week.. I guess itll come in handy if we get a replacement with apple

It would help if it was explained a little better. The video on Apples site doesn't say what it really is, or how it works.

Last edited:
naver_ said:
It would help if it was explained a little better. The video on Apples site doesn't say what it really is, or how it works.

Yeah....you caught on to that?lol

I couldn't find any real useful info about iCloud really...just had to figure it out.

I have played around with iCloud quite a bit trying to figure out everything it can do.

I haven't figure out that much tho.lol.

I know how to use the email account on a PC.lol.

And played around in the iCloud.exe. Doesn't really give you too much to do.....

As far as I know, all it does it store data. Like app data, settings, photos. All the typical settings and media.

What I hate about iCloud is that I cannot edit my backup files.

Of I was some how able to modify them I would actually try restoring from an iCloud backup w/ data.
But yeah........they say why it does, but they do not inform very well about what it can do.

Recently. I have been having trouble with App opening and closing animation lag.

I could not get rid of it for anything.
Restore after restore. And I never ever restore from a backup. I always start fresh when I restore. Doing that yields the most stable jailbreak.

But I had restored like 5 times and I could not fix the animation lag.

So u read that restoring your device OTA would help the iOS to feel much more smooth.

So what I did was restore as a new device. Did not even setup anything.(exempt for the steps to gain access to the SpringBoard).

Once I was at the springboard I opened iCloud settings and backed up my phone.
That way I had a backup of a freshly unmodified backup with all stock/default settings.

I restored again, this time while using the setup assistant, I chose to restore to the pretty much blank iCloud backup.

When it was done, my device ran very smooth, and I found that post in that thread somewhere (have no idea where. Don't remember) to be completely true.

I wish I would have restored back to iOS 5, then updated OTA to 5.0.1 because I seen the 5.1 update the next day.lol

I'm hoping some day Devs will find a way to jailbreak via the OTA feature, or even restore to a custom IPSW via OTA.lol.

I totally agree. I found iTunes to be as complicated as an airplane cockpit. But I still like it. The phone just says backup to iCloud, and that's what I do.

naver_ said:
I totally agree. I found iTunes to be as complicated as an airplane cockpit. But I still like it. The phone just says backup to iCloud, and that's what I do.

I noticed when I sync my iPhone 4s to iTunes using WIFI instead of hooking up to computer using USB wire the Last sync date on the phones screen dies not change. Is the date of last sync supposed to change after a WIFI only sync?

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

OneMarcil said:
I noticed when I sync my iPhone 4s to iTunes using WIFI instead of hooking up to computer using USB wire the Last sync date on the phones screen dies not change. Is the date of last sync supposed to change after a WIFI only sync?

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

I kind of don't understand what your saying? The last sync date stays the same when you wifi sync?

zig9449 said:
I kind of don't understand what your saying? The last sync date stays the same when you wifi sync?

Yes, When I did the sync thingie the last date sync date did change. But this was syncing using USB line instead of WIFI.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Last edited:
Just for back up. Even though 5gb does seem a bit tight!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Can I backup just the music on my phone by enabling iCloud and selecting music or will it try to sync my library from my iTunes on my laptop?

mach1man said:
Can I backup just the music on my phone by enabling iCloud and selecting music or will it try to sync my library from my iTunes on my laptop?

No...it will backup any music on your phone that is from iTunes. And only the songs from iTunes. (iTunes Match is for "all" your music....whether its from iTunes store or not).

I would just not backup music with iCloud and use iTunes to sync music....that makes restoring from an iCloud backup take forever.lol.

What about apps? See this is my situation, I'm meeting someone at a verizon store tonight to pick up another iphone. I want to be able to download my contacts, apps, music right there on the fly bc I won't be around my laptop till later that night. Can iCloud do this for me?