Votes: 22 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • What the heck is it? lol

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

maka

Reaction score
I have owned tons of iphone 4, and 4s phones running 5.0.1 and not once have I thought about using icloud... Who uses it ? Is it helpful to back things up?

I use iCloud for my contacts and bookmarks. That's it. I don't trust it with backing up app data, or restoring from an iCloud backup.

icloud backs up all your data like contacts, calendars, email, and pictures over wifi and stores it. its just an alternative to backing it up on your computer and actually comes in handy in certain situations. its free.. you should try it out.

OK. If an application is downloaded and this is automatically backed up by iCloud and if I decide I do not want that application will iCloud put the application be put back n the iPhone/iPad?

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

OneMarcil said:
OK. If an application is downloaded and this is automatically backed up by iCloud and if I decide I do not want that application will iCloud put the application be put back n the iPhone/iPad?

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Then you go to Sertings> iCloud> Storage&Backup> Manage Storage> tap in the latest backup file, wai for the apps to load and simply toggle of the switch beside all of them.

Not worry using. Just makes restore take longer.

Sometimes restoring from an iCloud backup makes the iOS smoother. The best way is to restore stock, do absolutely nothing.

Turn on backup to iCloud, then do a backup. It won't take long, as there is nothing on the phone.

Wait for it to complete, and if you ever have problems, with iTunes, you ca. Just restore from a blank, clean iCloud backup that has literally no data that could have been corrupted. Works well.

I have discovered lately that restoring in iTunes even setting up as new, there will still be this constant Animation lag w/ opening & closing apps....very annoying. But I found that iCloud backups fix the lag, but are a total mess.....unless you remove all data. Then it's still like setting up as new device, even tho I used an iCloud backup.
Just turn off EVERY APP. Make sure nothing but default settings n everything else In default mode was backed up.

zig9449 said:
Then you go to Sertings> iCloud> Storage&Backup> Manage Storage> tap in the latest backup file, wai for the apps to load and simply toggle of the switch beside all of them.

Not worry using. Just makes restore take longer.

Sometimes restoring from an iCloud backup makes the iOS smoother. The best way is to restore stock, do absolutely nothing.

Turn on backup to iCloud, then do a backup. It won't take long, as there is nothing on the phone.

Wait for it to complete, and if you ever have problems, with iTunes, you ca. Just restore from a blank, clean iCloud backup that has literally no data that could have been corrupted. Works well.

I have discovered lately that restoring in iTunes even setting up as new, there will still be this constant Animation lag w/ opening & closing apps....very annoying. But I found that iCloud backups fix the lag, but are a total mess.....unless you remove all data. Then it's still like setting up as new device, even tho I used an iCloud backup.
Just turn off EVERY APP. Make sure nothing but default settings n everything else In default mode was backed up.

Thank you. I decided to use iCloud last night. Not enough iCloud storage space on my account. Do not know if it s worth spending the monies to add more space when I cab sync my devices free to the computer.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

OneMarcil said:
Thank you. I decided to use iCloud last night. Not enough iCloud storage space on my account. Do not know if it s worth spending the monies to add more space when I cab sync my devices free to the computer.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

This is because your iCloud space is full of old backups, or a bunch of photos. Just delete all of your backups except for the latest one of coarse.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Turn of camera roll. Most data backed up doesn't affect your available space. Camera roll will quickly leave you with no space though.

I use iCloud and have had great success with it. I use it to back up everything and to update my iPod touch 4g with contacts, notes, apps, etc...... As for back up from iCloud I had to switch to another 4s an it backed everything up to the new phone with no problems or anything missing. IMO I would turn it on and use it to its full potential.

zig9449 said:
This is because your iCloud space is full of old backups, or a bunch of photos. Just delete all of your backups except for the latest one of coarse.

I never backed up my iPad and/or iPhone to iCloud.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Gixer7502 said:
Turn of camera roll. Most data backed up doesn't affect your available space. Camera roll will quickly leave you with no space though.

Where us camera toll set to off? I never saw the setting on the iPhone/iPad.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

OneMarcil said:
Where us camera toll set to off? I never saw the setting on the iPhone/iPad.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Ya have to go to iCloud settings. As deep in aston can go. Us know. Manage Storage.

I use it for everything - backup, contacts and bookmarks. I keep my camera roll clean and backed to iPhoto.. Only keep last years worth of photos then synced to my iPhone via iTunes. Only your camera roll gets backed up to cloud not your photo library.

I did he photo thingie and I still get this reply.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Attachments

• $image-1715147431.jpg
    $image-1715147431.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 536