What's new

White replacement parts

Charlie81795

Reaction score
so since apple has officially launched the horribly timed white iphone 4 does that mean should be able to buy OEM glass and retina replacement now?
i got an unofficial one about a year ago and decided to go back to black because the retina wasn't on par with the original. Anyone know if you can buy OEM replacements now? its so hard to sift through the junk. if you know a good reputable please let me know as i wont buy another iphone until the 5 comes out.

i bet the iphone 5 is going to have the same problem with the white phone, the 3g 3gs also had the same problems and it took them almost a year to sell the white

The reason there is always a problem releasing the white version is because it keeps demand up. Apple knows if they release the white phone at the same time; the demand will drop off faster, so to keep those of us who prefer white versions interested they hold back. They know early adopters often buy another phone when the white version comes because they wanted the white one all along. The reason apple waited so long to release the white iphone4 is because next month when everyone is hoping the iPhone 5 is announced; Jobs will be sitting back watching people buy white iPhone 4's and thinking "why shorten the life of the 4 when consumers are still paying 400 dollars for it? And he's right, the demand for iPhone 4 is still high, so I don't see the 5 being announced until at least late fall instead of early summer.

the iphone 3g and 3gs had the same problem and where released basically just before the next iphone, that never stopped jobs from announcing a new one