What's new

Which is the best iphone 4s case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies. I have now narrowed it down to either the Life Proof, or the BookBook for iPhone - BookBook for iPhone - Twelve South Leather case. That case has me drooling. Seriously drooling. Both of them are expensive enough that I want to make sure I pick the right one for my needs. I have never yet dropped a cell into water, *knock on wood* but the thought of having that happen to my iPhone 4s makes my stomach hurt.

Damn. I love the bookbook, but the Lifeproof... agggh.

Last edited:
Is the Lifeproof case compatible with the Sprint 4s? On their site it only says that it is compatible with International, AT&T and Verizon. Does the case take into account the slight shift in the buttons on the new 4s? I dont see how it would fit both the 4 and the 4s because of the buttons.

Thanks for the replies. I have now narrowed it down to either the Life Proof, or the BookBook for iPhone - BookBook for iPhone - Twelve South Leather case. That case has me drooling. Seriously drooling. Both of them are expensive enough that I want to make sure I pick the right one for my needs. I have never yet dropped a cell into water, *knock on wood* but the thought of having that happen to my iPhone 4s makes my stomach hurt.

Wow The book book is SWEET! Thanks for posting this! You just made my mind up! Wallet/iPhone! Priceless! Might I also add, it looks good!

Thanks for the replies. I have now narrowed it down to either the Life Proof, or the <a href="http://twelvesouth.com/products/bookbook_iphone/" target="_blank">BookBook for iPhone - BookBook for iPhone - Twelve South</a> Leather case. That case has me drooling. Seriously drooling. Both of them are expensive enough that I want to make sure I pick the right one for my needs. I have never yet dropped a cell into water, *knock on wood* but the thought of having that happen to my iPhone 4s makes my stomach hurt. <br>
<br>
<br><br><br>

Wow The book book is SWEET! Thanks for posting this! You just made my mind up! Wallet/iPhone! Priceless! Might I also add, it looks good!

Isle said:

Great find, and and thanks for sharing. I may try this instead.

I just ordered the BookBook from the Apple website. I can just see myself loving that case with my entire being. I will reply back in a week and let you know how it is.

Edit: Also, I bet I can fold the case around, and stand it horizontally on my bed and watch movies with it in the case. yep.

Last edited:
The SMELL! Imagine that leathery goodness. And the buttery softness. I think I will be sniffing it a lot.

Congratulations!! I hope you really enjoy the bookbook case, it is verey elegant. I personaly preffer the the ottobox defender, it's really the onlyone that will protect your phone in case you drop it.

Isle said:
The SMELL! Imagine that leathery goodness. And the buttery softness. I think I will be sniffing it a lot.

Lol!!! Leathery goodness, and buttery softness..... Lol... I hear ya. All jokes a side, it really does look nice. But the otterbox allows me to wear it on my hip. But I do like the book book concept. I may have to try it, or buy both.

Is the Lifeproof case compatible with the Sprint 4s? On their site it only says that it is compatible with International, AT&T and Verizon. Does the case take into account the slight shift in the buttons on the new 4s? I dont see how it would fit both the 4 and the 4s because of the buttons.

Yes, it fits all versions of the 4S, as all 4S iPhones are exactly the same. The housing for the Verizon iPhone 4 is also the same housing as all the 4S phones. The only housing that was different was the AT&T iPhone 4, which was the one with the volume and mute buttons just a hair off than the others. What a lot of case manufacturers did to make their cases fit all versions was to make their buttons on their cases just slightly larger than the buttons on the phone, that way it would overlap a tiny bit, so it would function no matter the phone you have.

I'm not sure if LifeProof made their buttons slightly larger or not, but I can tell you for sure that it works on both the 4 and the 4S

Well, I ordered the Ottocase last night and it has shipped this morning. I'll post a review when I get it.

blessed said:
Well, I ordered the Ottocase last night and it has shipped this morning. I'll post a review when I get it.

I ordered the soft leather one with the belt clip. Hopefully it does what I want.

Yes, it fits all versions of the 4S, as all 4S iPhones are exactly the same. The housing for the Verizon iPhone 4 is also the same housing as all the 4S phones. The only housing that was different was the AT&T iPhone 4, which was the one with the volume and mute buttons just a hair off than the others. What a lot of case manufacturers did to make their cases fit all versions was to make their buttons on their cases just slightly larger than the buttons on the phone, that way it would overlap a tiny bit, so it would function no matter the phone you have.

I'm not sure if LifeProof made their buttons slightly larger or not, but I can tell you for sure that it works on both the 4 and the 4S

Thank you very much for this information. Now I feel safe ordering one.

I Just got a white lifeproof case at best buy. It feels good. I have always used the otter box defender. I think I'm going to like this one much better. Its a little slimmer.

has anyone tried the case mate barely there cases yet? are these cases worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.