What's new

Which is better: Mili vs. Mophie vs. Exogear vs. Energizer ?

decyph3r

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member here, and I want to know which among the 4 external battery case is recommended for iPhone4?

I would go with mophie. Its a good well made case/charge. Theyve made battery iphone cases for the last iphone. Exogear im not too familiar with but i think i read that the case was good but just a lil bit bulkier. Mili is a clean case but doesnt stay on the phone as well as the others. And energizer is a pretty cheap flimsy case. All are about the same battery

I would go with mophie. Its a good well made case/charge. Theyve made battery iphone cases for the last iphone. Exogear im not too familiar with but i think i read that the case was good but just a lil bit bulkier. Mili is a clean case but doesnt stay on the phone as well as the others. And energizer is a pretty cheap flimsy case. All are about the same battery

Thanks for your reply. Any other suggestions?

The Exogear from Exolife is probably the slimmest battery case on the market at the moment. It has a 15mAh battery so will charge your iphone 4 more than once on a single charge. I have been using one for a month and love it.

Check out my blog later tonite, will be doing a full user review on the Exogear.

Last edited:
I purchased the Energizer Powerskin for my phone the day I got my 4 and love it! It easily extends my battery life 5-6 hours with moderate usage. The only issue I had with it is that it extends the length of the phone and I couldn't find a belt holder for it. I went to the Verizon store and found that the holder they have for the Droid X fits perfectly.

I bought the Energizer and returned it, it is useless, you can't turn it off (it has no switch) even when you don't want to charge your phone, meaning it remains flat all the time.
Just bought the Mophie, well, it looks good, solid and you can turn it off when it is fully charged and turn the switch back on when you want to charge your phone.

check out newtrent I carry for extended time needed in a separate phone belt case my IMP500P iPhone 4 /3G iPad/3G, 4G iTouch Backup Battery All-in-One Combo Charger(Color Black/blue)
Key benefit for the iPhone/iPad/iTouch All-in-one Li-ion Battery Pack IMP500P (Black/blue)​

• Compatible with iPhone 4, 3Gs iPhone, 3G iPhone, 2G iphone, 300% of iphone 4 battery life
  • Compatible with iPad 3G and 3G +WiFi iPad, 50% of iPad battery life
  • Compatible with 2G, 3G, 4G iPod iTouch, and all the latest ipod video classic 30GB & 60GB & 80GB
  • Increase iPhone 4, 3Gs iPhone movie time up to 38 hours (with speaker on) with 300% of iPhone 4 battery life
  • Increase iPhone 4, 3Gs iPhone internet time up to 38hours, audio time up to 180 hours
  • Compatible with major brand cell phone, such as blackberry curve,bold, storm with a correct adapter, which will be sold separately
  • Compatible with major brand portable game system, such as Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS lite, Sony PSP with a correct adapter, which will be sold separately
Key features for IMP500P

• Weight 6oz with dimension 4" x 3" x 3/4" inch
  • Capacity 5000mAh@5V, 300% of iphone 4 battery capacity
  • Charge IMP500 with an AC wall charger or USB port from PC
  • Compatible with all generations Apple iPhone 4, 3G iPhone and itouch, 3G iPad, 3G + WiFi iPad, major brand cell phones and PDAs with correct adapters, which will be sold separately
  • Compatible with Major brand portable game console system like Nintendo DS lite, Nintendo Gameboy and Sony PSP with the correct adapters, which will be sold separately
Standard package includes the following​

• IMP500 backup battery pack of 5000mAh capacity
  • USB Charging Cable to charge IMP500 powerpack
  • iPhone 4G, 3Gs, 3G iPhone/iTouch/iPad adapter to charge via USB Cable
  • Mini USB and Micro USB adapter
  • High charging speed New Trent AC Charger with voltage range 100V-240V suitable for worldwide travelers
  • English user manual

5000mAh beats any cases out there and if I want to just have regular extension I use New Trent IMP170 Astro Ultra-fit Battery Case for IPHONE 4 1700mAh

Newtrent IMP170 Astro Extended Rechargeable Battery Case for IPHONE 4 and 4G
Key features for the IMP170 Astro Extended Rechargeable Battery case for IPHONE 4 and 4G​

• Extends Battery Power: 5 Extra Hours Internet Use /6 Extra Hours Video Playback / 8 Extra Hours Talk Time / 25 Extra Hours Music Playback
  • 1700mAh 4G iPhone battery life
  • Great as a back-up, or as a permanent solution
  • Sleek, Low-Profile design ; Rechargeable up to 500 times - Charges through Micro-to-USB Cable
  • 6 months product replacement WARRANTY
The package includes​

• Newtrent IMP170 Astro extended rechargeable battery case for 4G iphone
  • Micro-to-USB cable for charging IMP170
  • English user manual

• Weight 80g with dimension 4.5 x 3.2 x 0.8 inch
  • Capacity 1700mAh@5V, 80% of extra 4G iphone battery capacity
  • Charge IMP170 via Micro-to-USB cable that comes with package
  • Compatible with all generations Apple 4G iPhone

They have many more cases, batteries etc.....

The pricing and customer service is outstanding.

No I do not work for them just researched batteries a lot since apple doesn't think it is necessary to have a real battery for the phones. If they expect you to use it they should provide the power....

just an iPhone junkie.....

John T.

Exogear launches the the exolife rechargeable battery case for the Apple iPhone 4. The sleek polycarbonate hardshell case offers protection against drops and scratch and includes the ExoClear technology that eliminates interference with your iPhone 4′s reception.

i think the new mophie juice pack air or plus is the best, 1. it covers the the sides and back 2. it has a lay on the table design so u can lay it face down and not worry about scratching the screen 3. its made of plastic and a soft touch plastic/ rubber which also provides shock protection. 4. a switch , so you when to charge it . not to mention it has a 1500 mah battery in the air and a 2000 mah battery in the plus,

The cons of the exolife is that its just a flimsy plastic bumber around the edge of the iphone which is metal so it doesn't need that much protection anyway

The mili has flip top design that digs into the top of the iphone 4 and is held there by resistance / friction

The only other case which is just as good if not better is maybe the case mate fuel lite or fuel max

Ok so i just got the mophie juice pack air for xmas. Heres my review. The design is perfect. Its sleek and feels sturdy an well constructed. I have an otterbox defender as well and the mophie is slightly slimmer than that. It gives good access to the power, audio port, and volume buttons. I love the led battery meter on the bottom. It comes with a usb power cord than can not only charge the case and the phone but sync it to itunes as well. The cord however is pretty short so that kinda sucks. The charge from the case is just enough that if you completely let your phone drain, the case will charge it back to full once and thats it. I do have one complaint and although it is a very big problem, i dont think it will happen to all cases. But there is a switch on the bottom left side that turns the charging on and off. For one the switch seems flimsy and cheap but when i turn it on my phone will make the charging noise but then if i barely move the phone it will lose connection on and off. The case is on snug so its not that so i think theres some loose wires inside the case. I plan on exchanging it but still. Hopefully its not a common problem. Overall i still love the case.

Ok so i just got the mophie juice pack air for xmas. Heres my review. The design is perfect. Its sleek and feels sturdy an well constructed. I have an otterbox defender as well and the mophie is slightly slimmer than that. It gives good access to the power, audio port, and volume buttons. I love the led battery meter on the bottom. It comes with a usb power cord than can not only charge the case and the phone but sync it to itunes as well. The cord however is pretty short so that kinda sucks. The charge from the case is just enough that if you completely let your phone drain, the case will charge it back to full once and thats it. I do have one complaint and although it is a very big problem, i dont think it will happen to all cases. But there is a switch on the bottom left side that turns the charging on and off. For one the switch seems flimsy and cheap but when i turn it on my phone will make the charging noise but then if i barely move the phone it will lose connection on and off. The case is on snug so its not that so i think theres some loose wires inside the case. I plan on exchanging it but still. Hopefully its not a common problem. Overall i still love the case.

No it is not a commom problem, mine is flawless, If I were you I would exchange it as early as possible.

Why dont you try a portable charger? wont have to have such a bulky case.

Update: for the first time ever, my phone gave me the temperature warning. Is it a coincidence that this has just happened to me for the first time just as i get the mophie case that has been giving me problems? I did notice that the case would get hot but didnt think too much about it. I did like the case but now its giving me more problems than anything.

morphie air is big and bulky.. may take quite a while to get used to the size.