What's new

Where are my contacts?

Gozoman

Reaction score
Just got an iPhone 5 and the new nano sim arrived today. I had been wondering how to get my contacts off my old Samsung F480 and into the iPhone 5 so what I did was this. In the Samsung which has the old original size sim I copied all my nontacts from the sim to the phone. When my new nano card arrived today I kept it attached to the credit card size carrier it comes in and carefully drew cut-out line around it so that what I ended up with was the nano card inside a full size sim piece of plastic. You have to work out carefully exactly the best cuts to make so that the contacts line up. I then put this card into the old Samsung and copied all my contacts from the phone to the nano sim. Then I snapped it out of the carrier and put it into the iPhone 5. Now I got a message on the Samsung telling me that all my contacts had been copied successfully so I know they are on the sim but when I put the sim in the iPhone no contacts show up when I click on the phone to make a call. Do the contacts need to be moved off the sim to another location and if so how do I do that?

Sometimes the obvious isn't so obvious! I thought I had been through every single item in the settings but I obviously missed that one. Thanks a lot. All my contacts are now where they should be.