What's new

Problem importing contacts from sim card, have tried the usual...

Minisuitcase

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a (hopefully) easy question for all you experts...

I have a new iPhone 4s (brilliant!) but I cannot seem to get my contacts to display from the sim card.

I have tried importing via the settings >mail, contacts, calendars> import contacts, rebooting - nothing. Refreshed the contacts too but no joy. It knows the numbers though as the one number I entered manually has been given the name it had in my old phone. I just want the others to show up. Where are they??

The only contacts that are showing are the ones I had stored in my iPad which have been synced via iCloud (mostly emails and real addresses) I am travelling at the moment and do not have access to a computer. (I could go into an Internet cafe but really, I don't want to and the numbers are not online anyway - just on the card.

The old phone has now gone (to my mum) and was wiped and the sim card has been cut to fit the iPhone..... Any suggestions please?

Minisuitcase said:
Hi all, I have a (hopefully) easy question for all you experts...

I have a new iPhone 4s (brilliant!) but I cannot seem to get my contacts to display from the sim card.

I have tried importing via the settings >mail, contacts, calendars> import contacts, rebooting - nothing. Refreshed the contacts too but no joy. It knows the numbers though as the one number I entered manually has been given the name it had in my old phone. I just want the others to show up. Where are they??

The only contacts that are showing are the ones I had stored in my iPad which have been synced via iCloud (mostly emails and real addresses) I am travelling at the moment and do not have access to a computer. (I could go into an Internet cafe but really, I don't want to and the numbers are not online anyway - just on the card.

The old phone has now gone (to my mum) and was wiped and the sim card has been cut to fit the iPhone..... Any suggestions please?

That's a tough one.

I don't know anything about transferring contacts from a SIM card...but you could (and I know you don't want to here this), is just re-add all your contacts manually. You'll only have to do this once.

I know...I know...a royal pain in the ass...but once it is done..you can have them merges with iCloud and you will never have to worry about contacts ever again..as long as you make sure that iCloud is the ONLY account with Contacts toggled on.

However if you are dead set on not manually entering contacts...hopefully someone with more knowledge on this particular subject will chime in. Sorry I wasn't more help.

Go to settings> Mails, Contacts, Calendars> Import SIM Contacts/ Import SIM Contacts to Account iCloud. This should fetch any contacts present in your sim card to your iCloud contact book.

Go to settings> Mails, Contacts, Calendars> Import SIM Contacts/ Import SIM Contacts to Account iCloud. This should fetch any contacts present in your sim card to your iCloud contact book.

Hi bab2010, I have already done this and nothing happened (I also refreshed and restarted). It has got them somewhere though I reckon: I typed in one number and it was given the name it had in my old phone automatically. But, the other sim contacts are not showing (I'm not ringing them at the moment as I'm travelling but there are a few hundred so, as the other poster suggested, I'm not overly keen on manually entering them.)

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Has anyone else had this issue?