What's new

Uploading contact list to iPhone 5

Gozoman

Reaction score
I just got my iPhone 5 yesterday and I need to get my contacts off my old phone but can't figure out how to do it. Someone suggested using iTunes but although my iPhone 5 is recognised when I connect it up my other phone isn't. My old phone by the way is a Samsung F480. Someone else said I could use my Google account but I don't have a Google account or particularly want one. This is the idea I have. I have ordered a new nano sim card which should be here tomorrow. Once I get that I'll install it in the iPhone and then ring my carrier to get my number registered on it. I have moved all my contacts off my old sim card and onto my Samsung so what I was thinking of doing was once I have the nano card registered I could put it into a converter to normal sim size, put it back in my old phone and move all my contacts off the phone onto the sim, then put it back in the iPhone 5. Would that work or do my contacts need to somewhere other than the sim on the iPhone 5?

Should work. But most phones use a CSV format for contacts, and you can import them using Exchange from one device to another, or from one device to your computer to your other device.