What's new

When does iCloud show as unlocked.

elsid

Reaction score
I have a faulty (dead) iPhone 5s purchased off ebay which I intend to repair. The seller told me he has used his ipad remotely to 'set it to reset once phone works'. However when I check the IMEI online with Activation Lock it still shows the activation lock is ON.
Is he correct in saying that only after the phone is repaired and turned on will it show as icloud unlocked.

Last edited:
If the website still shows that the iPhone is still Activation Locked, then it has not been unlocked. The seller is feeding you a line, hoping he can string you along until the deadline for opening a dispute has expired. You should ask for a full refund and if the seller will not agree, open an item not as described dispute with eBay and PayPal.

Thank you for the reply. So just to clarify, when iCloud is remotely reset, regardless of the iphone being switched off or in my case dead, Activation Locked should immediately show iCloud and Find my Phone as being OFF.

OK thanks. Looks like I need to request a refund on eBay.

I have just raised a return/refund request. Many thanks for the advice.

The seller finally unlocked the phone only after I sent eBay screen shots of the Activation Lock showing the iPhone lock was ON. Strange how complaining to eBay can make all the difference.

The seller finally unlocked the phone only after I sent eBay screen shots of the Activation Lock showing the iPhone lock was ON. Strange how complaining to eBay can make all the difference.
That's very good news! He knew he'd lose any dispute and decided to do the right thing.