What's new

iCloud locked iPhone

lawdogg43

Reaction score
Not sure how this works because never had this issue before. I recently bought a Apple Iphone 6 Plus and checked to make sure it had a clean IMEI# and that it was not blacklisted or if there was money still owed on it and it all checked out fine. I knew when i bought it that it had a bad digitizer but it was under warranty so I didn't seat it. Well when i went ti Apple the thing is ICloud locked to the guy i bought it from. Unfortunately I have no contact info for him. All I have is a part of his Gmail account address but nothing else. I looked around in the internet and seen places that say they can unlock the attached ICloud account and the guy at the Apple store kinda hinted around about that. He said if I can get the ICloud unlocked they will warranty the phone since its still under the 1 year manufactures warranty. So I was a sucker and paid a guy that advertised on eBay and it was $39.99 said he was out of Littleton Colorado and when I paid I seen this guy was out of Puerto Rico. Needless to say i am getting a refund through PayPal but my question is am I screwed or is there really people that can unlock the ICloud account? I understand why its in place but for people like me that legit buy from the original owner are kinda at a loss. Any ideas?

Welcome to iPhone Forums, lawdogg43!

I can't imagine that someone at an Apple Store will tell you to unlock an iPhone and pay a scam site to get this done.
It's not possible to circumvent iCloud's activation lock, and get a fully functioning iPhone. There are enough scam sites that promise they can do it, but that's not true. Removing am iPhone from someone else's iCloud account would mean they have to "outwit" Apple's servers, because the information is not stored on the iPhone.

Here are the only options that help removing an iDevice from someone else's iCloud account:
iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Hope that helps.

Btw:
I've moved your post to it's own thread, as it describes a completely different problem as the one in the thread where you replied first.

Not sure how this works because never had this issue before. I recently bought a Apple Iphone 6 Plus and checked to make sure it had a clean IMEI# and that it was not blacklisted or if there was money still owed on it and it all checked out fine. I knew when i bought it that it had a bad digitizer but it was under warranty so I didn't seat it. Well when i went ti Apple the thing is ICloud locked to the guy i bought it from. Unfortunately I have no contact info for him. All I have is a part of his Gmail account address but nothing else. I looked around in the internet and seen places that say they can unlock the attached ICloud account and the guy at the Apple store kinda hinted around about that. He said if I can get the ICloud unlocked they will warranty the phone since its still under the 1 year manufactures warranty. So I was a sucker and paid a guy that advertised on eBay and it was $39.99 said he was out of Littleton Colorado and when I paid I seen this guy was out of Puerto Rico. Needless to say i am getting a refund through PayPal but my question is am I screwed or is there really people that can unlock the ICloud account? I understand why its in place but for people like me that legit buy from the original owner are kinda at a loss. Any ideas?
It's a good thing that eBay has very good buyer protection. I'm glad you're getting your money back.

BTW, have you considered reporting the seller for item location misrepresentation since the iPhone was shipped from somewhere other than where the seller said the item was located?

I can't imagine that someone at an Apple Store will tell you to unlock an iPhone and pay a scam site to get this done.
It's not possible to circumvent iCloud's activation lock, and get a fully functioning iPhone. There are enough scam sites that promise they can do it, but that's not true. Removing am iPhone from someone else's iCloud account would mean they have to "outwit" Apple's servers, because the information is not stored on the iPhone.

Here are the only options that help removing an iDevice from someone else's iCloud account:

Hope that helps.

Btw:
I've moved your post to it's own thread, as it describes a completely different problem as the one in the thread where you replied first.

Hope that helps.

Btw:
Thank you.