What's new

Whatsapp sounds too loud

t6lock

Reaction score
I got an iPhone 5S, coming from an iPhone 4, and I've run into a problem only with the 5S. When I send/receive messages, the sound is WAY too loud. I've read from another posted on Apple forums it's set on the Ringer volume as opposed to on the basic volume for apps/games that I play.

Is there a way to get quieter notifications?

Whatsapp uses most of the alert tones you can use for Messages as well. So if Whatsapp is too loud, your message notifications should sound too loud as well.

There's not much you can do:
Choose a different alert sound, which seems more quiet, or lower the volume for notification sounds.

Whatsapp uses most of the alert tones you can use for Messages as well. So if Whatsapp is too loud, your message notifications should sound too loud as well.

There's not much you can do:
Choose a different alert sound, which seems more quiet, or lower the volume for notification sounds.

When I go to preview the alert tones, they are dimmed like they are controlled by my basic volume, which I don't mind. But when I get actual messages, I get completely different results in volume, not to mention that my sending/receiving messages sounds I don't even hear in the tones menu. Now that I think of it, I think these are the tones that play if I set the notifications if my app is closed.

I'm talking about sending/receiving messages sounds when I'm actually in a group chat with the app opened. The send button is kind of a "pop" sound and I don't hear it anywhere. The "pop" sound is the one I'm trying to normalize, it's way too loud. When I lower the ringer sound then it's ok, but I want whatsapp to take on the volume of the basic volume control and not the ringer volume.

Open Whatsapp, go to Settings - Notifications, and scroll to the bottom and reset all notifications. Set them up again afterwards.