What's new

What to do with imac g3

enots27

Reaction score
Hay all I have an iMac g3 ruby in my spare room and want to try find a use for it. Anyone else got one of these old machines and found a use for them. I dont want to get rid of it. I would use it but is not compatible with my iPhone so need to keep using my windows laptop until I can afford a new MacBook pro.

You may get a better response to you question at our sister forum Apple Forum - Mac Forum

Why is it not compatible with your iPhone?

Do you have a ps3? You could use your iMac as a 'media server' by streaming from it's hard drive to your tv via your ps3. I use a Power PC optimized version of Playstation Media Server on my old G4 and it works perfectly...

Minimum specs require osx 10.5.8 which is unfortunately not compatible with the old g3 iMac. Newest is compatible with it is os 10.4 tiger. I don't have a ps3 either I got Xbox 360. Don't think I will be able to put windows media centre on it for media streaming.

I have an old iMac G5 with a broken screen that I haven't found a use for. iCrank, I liked the fishbowl idea, any thoughts?