What's new

iPhoto for Pictures, What for Video?

kizer

Reaction score
I've had my 4S for a few months now and as well I purchased an iMac beause well in my little world with my 4S's, iPads everything works pretty well with my iMac.

I've been tinkering with PhotoStream and photos magically appear in my Mac and I tag and re-orginize them for my likings. However I've noticed recently that not all photos are appearing and its becoming more or less simply a plug in our photos and import thing, but thats another topic. LOL

Now that I've got 7000 or so photos imported and several more 1000's to go dealing with Scanning and figuring out why my cameras date was wrong is a nightmare, but again I'm rambling.

Now I've imported some videos and it appears the only way to really find them was to create a playlist or I guess you would call it a smart album to find them easier. Deciding I hate that way I have been trying to delete the vidoes since they do not properly export and now I can't delete photos from out of iPhoto.

What does everybody else use for archiving and finding their videos? I could simply keep them all on a DVD or on my Server, but it would be nice to find them and watch them at will. Any suggestions or any ideas of what everybody else uses? I really like iPhotos method of storing and tagging and I suppose I could leave my videos, but I'm just not happy with it.

Please keep in mind I'm a recent Android and Windows Convert. 3 or 4 months that is. ;) Currently using a iMac 27.5" running OSX 10.7 and a 4S

Welp I figured somebody must do what I'm doing, but no replies so I did some searching and I think this more or less fits the bill some.

Riverfold Software - Clipstart

It allows you to inport your videos and as well tag them. The demo only allows you to tag 20 videos, but so far I've inported at least 200 or so. I plan on tinkering with it a bit then pay for the registered version because I'd like to tag more than 20 videos. ;)