What's new

Getting videos from iP5 to MacBook Pro?

IphoneMommy

Reaction score
Ok so my typical time would be to plug in my 5 to my laptop and just import everything to iphoto....HOWEVER when i try to send that video to facebook either from iPhoto or where the video is stored in photos directly to the FB site it errors out. Now when i take the video and move it to a separate folder on my Laptop it uploads fine....am i doing something wrong?

What is the best way to offload video from my iP5 to my MacBook?

Last edited:
Anyone?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Can anyone help with this??

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Unfortunately I'm unable to assist... since I'm not a Mac user. I will, however, post your thread up in our Staff area in hopes that it can gain more attention.

Not really a Mac pro myself (ehh get it? lol). But I've been hearing a lot about the latest version having problems, which I believe is 7.1.3. You might want to try an earlier version if you have one.

It's just weird that taking from iPhoto photos going down to the video just wants to upload a picture but not the video. And thanks for the move :)

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

uploading to fb I am guessing its in the wrong format but I never uploaded videos there. I know youtube requires certain formats. maybe try change the format to mp4?

Ok so my typical time would be to plug in my 5 to my laptop and just import everything to iphoto....HOWEVER when i try to send that video to facebook either from iPhoto or where the video is stored in photos directly to the FB site it errors out. Now when i take the video and move it to a separate folder on my Laptop it uploads fine....am i doing something wrong?

What is the best way to offload video from my iP5 to my MacBook?

I have a MBP and a 4S. When I connect my 4S to my MBP I open iPhoto and my photos are downloaded. Another option is to use iFunBox. iFunBox will allow you to access the root of your device. You do need to do a drop and drag.

I do not use FaceBook so I'm unable to comment on what is causing you a problem. Does the error message provide any details?