What's new

I guess this means I'm "all in"!

Teejaywhy

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 3GS and an iPad 1. I am thrilled with both. My kids (10 and 16) both have iPhones as well. We took advantage of the ATT $49 deal and bailed from Sprint. I am continually amazed at the quality and reliability of Apple products.

I sell PC-based ERP software so have always had Windows PC's. I have a Windows laptop for business and we also have a "family" Dell laptop that is used mostly by my husband. He takes surveys and gets lots of junk email and try as I might, I can't keep the cooties away. I'm sick of dealing with it so today I ordered myself MacBook Pro. I want to have one stable computer in our house! I will move the iPad out of my office and into general population where it is most of the time anyway.

So my question is about iTunes. I'm moving our music collection from the PC to the MacBook so that I can stop worrying about it's safety. What's the best way to make this happen?

Tami

Welcome,

I have two iPhones and an iPod touch in the household at the moment. Chrrently on the wish list is an iPad2 and a mac book air.

The simplest way to transfer your iTunes libary is to copy the whole iTunes folder found in the music folder on you PC. If you were transferring it to another PC then it would copy you whole iTunes libary just as it was on the original PC. I'm unsure where this will work on your mac. You could also just copy the music itself to your mac and start a new iTunes libary from there...