What's new

What more can iPhone 7 or any other phone do?

Marie86

Reaction score
is there anything more any phone can be made to do than the 6s? If you look back at how mobiles or even iPhones have improved there are a lot of new features been added at first mobiles before iPhones were black and white. Then colour and cameras and touch screen came out. I don't think the first iPhone even recorded video. My first video phone only recorded a few seconds video before stopping filming. Over last few years I haven't noticed anything major be added to mobiles til the new Live Photos. Now apart from similar updates like what you got from upgrading to iPhone 6 from 5s I can't see what more can be done. Even more mp cameras don't make any big noticeable difference viewing photos on phone same with the 4K video to view on phone there isn't a noticable difference. The biggest difference has been the front camera on iPhone from 1.2 to 5mp because the 1.2 mp was low quality it's easy to spot difference in clearer photos.

I mean, when the 6 came out, people said the same thing. You didn't know you needed "live" photos, but that's where the innovation lies. In order for the 7 to have any sort of impact, Apple will need to come up with some innovation (as per usual) to convince us that there's new technology we didn't know we wanted in a phone.

To be fair Live Photos has always been something that would of been useful. How many times have you taken a photo of a pet or someone and they move just as you take the photo? It's a case of thinking of a new idea and knowing how to add it to a new phone.

I'm sure that Apple will already have some tricks up their sleeve for iPhone 7.

With all the advances in tech, as far as just improving things we already have -- i.e. mexapixels, battery, storage space --Live photos was a way to capitalize on storage space, something we could have never done years ago, because people didn't have the space for that kind of innovation. I could easily see the same kind of thoughts applied to videos (3D or hollographic tech) or music (especially with the iPad Pro's 4 speakers, maybe something like "surround sound").

The ideas are only limited by our imaginations.