What's new

What new features could be added to iPhones in future?

Marie86

Reaction score
Watching a video on YouTube other day comparing the very 1st iPhone to the 6s 8 years apart. Obviously the 6s is much better as you would expect, but if you think of 8 years before iPhone came out there is much bigger difference. Biggest difference being phones used to be black and white with buttons no internet (used to be wap very basic Internet) no camera. Then look at 1st iPhone to the 6s a lot it still same but just improved quality like camera, speed of it working. Ok a few things have been added I think video recording and front camera wasn't on first iPhone. Siri and fingerprint ID. Maybe some other things but most things have just been improved like camera not sure what mp the first iPhone was but I know it was poor quality which would of been same as any phones back then.

So question is what more could be added to phones now they pretty much do everything?

The future of iPhone could be really beyond our imagination. But from their patents, we could say that the future can have solar based iPhones which will make the battery run for longer and you won’t be a victim of quick battery drains. You might just have to keep in out to have sunbathe! So solar charging may be one of those things that you can expect from Apple.
Another feature that the patent is signaling is that the current lines at the back of the iPhone as the antenna for the radio will be replaced by metallic finish. This would allow the wireless signals to pass through. Among the other expectations, you can see a viscoelastic material that could cover the phones, sidewall displays, configurable buttons, improved touch accuracy, flexible phone with curved display, facial passwords. Well, in that case security will be really tight! I hope this was useful in answering your question.