What's new

how do I create a separate folder for different video/ pics categories on my iPhone?

MacGuyver

Reaction score
I added a few photos to my iPhone 3G , and I noticed that iTunes created a new folder and named it Photo Library.
Which , I just realized , is different than what's on the camera roll.

How do I get everything off the camera roll , and make a new folder with the photos on the camera roll, so When I take new photos they will be separated from the older ones?

I'm assuming that this process would be the same if I wanted to categorize videos I upload to my phone.
Say, if I wanted to make a folder for some home videos , but wanted different folders for vacations , videos of my dog, fishing videos etc.

I added a few photos to my iPhone 3G , and I noticed that iTunes created a new folder and named it Photo Library. Which , I just realized , is different than what's on the camera roll. How do I get everything off the camera roll , and make a new folder with the photos on the camera roll, so When I take new photos they will be separated from the older ones? I'm assuming that this process would be the same if I wanted to categorize videos I upload to my phone. Say, if I wanted to make a folder for some home videos , but wanted different folders for vacations , videos of my dog, fishing videos etc.
You can't. Folders in the stock photos app will show both on the camera roll and in the folder. I wish it were not that way. If you delete from the camera roll, it also deletes from the folder. You can download apps like Dropbox or Box to store photos on. Then you can delete from your camera roll.

I installed an app called lock private security folder , but the photos I put there don't allow me to zoom in on them.
Is that something which is a paid upgrade?

You can't. Folders in the stock photos app will show both on the camera roll and in the folder. I wish it were not that way. If you delete from the camera roll, it also deletes from the folder.

Would jailbreaking give you control over something like this?

seems kind of dumb that apple would set it up like this.
If I have some photos that I don't want people to have access to , all they have to do is go to the photo roll and scroll through and they can see everything.

I don't really have anything that important to hide , but I've had instances where I'm showing someone a certain photo , and the person starts going through all my photos without even asking.
That got me thinking about the privacy aspect of it, and how I may , in the future need to have more control over this.

I installed a couple of other apps which I'm testing which are for private files , but I still haven't found one which I like yet.