What's new

What do you think about the iPhone Upgrade Programme?

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I imagine everyone has heard of this upgrade programme. I have wondered if it is worth it. I know must replace my 5s sometime in future, but do I want to commit to a monthly payment and a new iPhone every single year? Is that really economical??? I have had my 5s for 3-4 years now, and it has worked fine for me. What is so great about getting a brand new iPhone every year unless one is "really" into tech?

Received an email this morning from Apple about the upgrade programme. They listed the major carriers such as ATT, Sprint, etc. My carrier is Cricket, though. Cricket is owned by ATT, but if I had to sign up with ATT and pay their much higher rate to be part of the upgrade programme, I would most assuredly pass. Not worth it.

Can I ask, why must you replace you 5s sometime in the future? And if so only you know the use the phone is to. Their are members on here that love to share their photos of various models and personality on my iPad Air l can’t tell the difference.
Slightly off your topic, l had to visit my bank manager, needed help to get their app to function on my 5s it has happened before. It’s all in German at the beginning but after it was sorted out, he said to me that’s a nice phone l told him what it was and what the latest was, iPhone X.
He was very surprised.

^^^ Sorry you had trouble with your bank's app. I have not had any problems with apps on my 5s so far. I just figure that at some point Apple will stop supporting my 5s with updates, etc., so it will force me to get a new iPhone because I will not go back to Android phones again. This has happened to me on Android phones with MetroPCS. Their system stops supporting phones once they become 4-5 years old. I think that is ridiculous, but nothing can be done about it.

The Banking app problem was sorted out in a couple of minutes. I will certainly not be using Apple upgrade program.
For some people it’s important to have the latest and greatest l am not one of them it just has to function.
I also have an iPhone 4 that works perfectly well some apps l use don’t, but l could live without them the main one is WhatsApp doesn’t work. So l use the 5s if Apple stopped supporting it then l would buy next the model on the list.

^^^ Yes, I fully intend to use my 5s for as long as possible. I forget how long I have had mine now, but it must be at least three years, maybe four. The iPhone 6 was already out whence I purchased my 5s. I recall the 6 was considerably larger, and at the time, I thought it would feel awkward to hold anything that large against my ear to talk. Now, however, as I see that I have depended more and more on my 5s for checking emails, etc., whilst I am away from home for the day, I think a larger screen might be nicer. I supposed it needs to fall somewhere in between my 5s and a tablet/iPad. The larger size makes more and more sense to me as my eyesight grows worse and worse, but I am not sure what is the appeal to young people who have good eyesight.

I use my glasses for iPhones and iPad Air 2 not my PC with a 22 inch screen.
In the pictures of queues for the iPhone X did you see any older people?

I really never noticed. I was only vaguely aware that a new iphone was available. I think they release a new one every September. This is X, but was there ever an IX??? If not, why not??

This year, Apple released three phones: the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, and the iPhone X. The latter should remind of the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, I think. An iPhone IX doesn’t exist, maybe next year there will be an iPhone 9/9 Plus.

Ha Ha! Oh! So that is the story! I never knew it. I suppose this also helps explain the $1K price tag. Somehow it feels as though iPhone has been around much longer.

Well, I am sure the X is a nice phone, but I think of the opportunity cost of owning one at a cost of $1K plus tax. For that much money, I could purchase about four top of the line Guerlain exclusive eau de parfums, or at leat three extraits. Alternatively, it would pay my electric bill for at leat five months or cover quite a costly repair on my vehicle. Nope, a $1K phone is not for me. (LOL)

This year, Apple released three phones: the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, and the iPhone X. The latter should remind of the 10th anniversary of the iPhone, I think. An iPhone IX doesn’t exist, maybe next year there will be an iPhone 9/9 Plus.

That will be a laugh if l’m still alive l will remember the 9/9
and wet my pampers