What's new

What Do you do to secure your iPhone?

J

Janset

Hi all.

I am interested in what measures are used by iPhone owners to secure their device from unauthorised use or theft.

All input appreciated.

Regards.

I never allow my phone to leave my person, I never set it down, unless I'm home alone. I also never allow anyone else to touch my phone. This thing is my baby.. and I treat it like a diamond-encrusted bar of gold :)

Unauthorized use... I use Android Lock XT. As far as theft... I'm w/ ard on this one. My iPhone NEVER gets sat down anywhere.

What system of password security do you use, only the simple lock or do you lock the sim card.
I have tried both but I am not really sold on them for ease of use.

Regards

I just use find my iphone I dont even use a passcode for unlocking my device

What system of password security do you use, only the simple lock or do you lock the sim card.I have tried both but I am not really sold on them for ease of use.
How easy are we looking at here? Entering a 4 digit # or swiping an owner set patter w/ Android Lock seems pretty easy to me.

i dont do anything to secure my phone,i never have done.

Hi again.
When I used the simple 4 number to unlock, the pain was that every time I put the iPhone to sleep (blacken the screen) and then I open it for whatever reason, I was asked for the 4 numbers.

I also tried the locking of the sim, but I stuffed up nicely with that and I had to use my PUK number to fix it. But just overlooking that boo boo, using this systems, in addition to entering the required number to unlock the sim, I am presented also with a number of advice boxes that I am forced to accept or reject before the phone is usable, so I am back to multiple clickings.

I guess I have no other option other than choosing one of these two options. :)

Thanks guys for your input.

Hi again.
When I used the simple 4 number to unlock, the pain was that every time I put the iPhone to sleep (blacken the screen) and then I open it for whatever reason, I was asked for the 4 numbers.

You can change the amount of time before it locks. For example, I have mine set to require password after one hour of inactivity.

$photo.jpg

I use the 4 digit pass code and also have the Find My iPhone... but I had no idea you could reset the amount of time it takes for the passcode to kick in... Thanks for that tip TTnator... But I never put my iphone down anywhere, it stays in my hand or on my person at all times. And then if someone was to try and take it from me my inner ninja would could out to play... :D

The 4 digit passcode is encrypted enough to even keep out authorities such as the police, and is renown for not being able to be cracked by software.

Jailbreaking offers tweaks such as applocker which will lock most apps, settings app and folders alike which offers further protection.

Since my last iphone 4 was pickpocketed I now keep my 4s in a hard leather holster in my jeans pocket and never leaves my line of sight.

Hi All.

I have decided on the following.
To use the simple 4 number code. The phone to lock after one minute and the the code kicks in every 4 hours.
I have also ticked to erase after 10 failed attempts.
I think I have also ticked "find my phone", but at the moment I cannot find this function to confirm. I think this may be because I do not have a DATA component in my pre paid package and at the moment I do not have the Wi-Fi turned on.

These are the settings my daughter recommended as she has been using it for some time with satisfaction. Perhaps I should have asked her first :eek:

Same ... Passcode,find my iPhone than I added my assurance gps iPhone locator as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is assurance gps locator? Is that the same as "find my phone"?

Regards

The 4 digit pass code is actually very easy to remove from iPhones I had to get it done for my 11 year old when he forgot his